CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day two: Things that I stress about

Nick getting a new job and staying out of debt. Why does money have to be such a headache? I feel like sometimes we are just getting by, and other times we are doing awesome. I think it will be really nice to just be an established, successful family say 10 years down the road. Atleast that's what I'm hoping happens.

Keeping the house clean. You'd think that with one little 8 month old it couldn't get very dirty, but it does! I feel like I'm already running in circles picking up things all day long. And that's not even beginning to think about dinner... How am I ever going to have a few kids? Find joy in the journey. How to I make myself simply follow that?

Having a healthy baby.

That I will never lose the baby weight.
I seriously wish I could be one of those people who looked amazing one month after having had a baby. Unfortunately I know it'll be more like 6-12 months of agonizing diet and exercise for me. blah

Finishing home improvement projects. I seriously hate having a massive to-do list of things that take forever and cost a lot of money. Putting in some carpet, finishing the basement, re-doing the yard, etc. I can't wait to just have it all done!

Raising children who are strong in the gospel and WANT to serve missions and get married in the temple. This one is obviously the one that is most important to me, and the one that I feel the most incapable of controlling. I guess I just need to take comfort in the words of our church leaders when they say things like, "Do the small things each and every day. Stay close to the Savior, and be a good example to your children." I'm sure my parents worried just as much about these things as I do, but they had to let me figure it out on my own. I just hope I can be as good of a parent as they were/are.

5 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

wow... you have described all my stresses. probably because we're in the same stage in our lives. At least now I know I'm not alone in it! and don't even get me started on weight loss!!! I was also just talking to Brett lastnight about Milo growing up and just being happy, and loving our home, and going on a mission. It's scary stuff.

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

You're not alone. These things are always on my mind. I do have some advice on a couple of them.
Clean house: my mom told me to never go to sleep with a dirty kitchen because you start the next day off already behing sechedule. It's something I always try to do and helps keep me motivated to keep other rooms picked up.
Losing weight: I am one of those people who took a year to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight but now I really enjoy exercise. It's like my "me time". I love to work on just me for an hour or so a few times a week. And don't stress about it. Just focus on why you want to be in shape. feeling stong and having energy are what keep me going to the gym.
Anyway, hope my little tips helped.
p.s. I like this 15 day blog thing... I may do it on my blog.

Jill said...

I love all the things you put, it is fun to read this.
1-Yes it would be fun to never have to worry about money, but prob if you're rich maybe it is even more of a headache?
2-I am learning to relax a bit about keeping the house clean, I realize there is no rush to clean something b/c it will get dirty again soon enough. It's a hard balance to find.
3-With exercise I find it is way more successful and motivating if you do it to be strong and healthy, not to lose a certain amount of weight. i rarely myself and go by how i feel instead.p...one day we'll run that half marathon together!
4-the to do lists never end! that's what i am learning.
5-your last thing you said-amen! most important thing.
4-

Kay said...

Carrie, glad you are doing this! Gives my lazy self something to read...I unfortunately have no advice for you, my house is a mess, l always secretly wish I was a few pounds lighter, but act like I don't care and my to do list is never ending...All I can say is you are far ahead of me! I love your hair too!

Ellen said...

Carrie, you are so totally normal in your stressers (is that a word? the things that stress you out, you know what I mean, lol). I know what you mean in worrying about how I am raising my kids and if I am doing things "right" or in a way that they will turn out how I hope. I am sure you are doing a great job!! Oh, and I loved the comment about having a van (I think that was on the last post though) made me laugh :)