CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day three: My siblings & parents



I am lucky to be a part of such a great family. I'm not a very clever or eloquent writer, but I am going to try and give you a bit of insight into the lives of the amazing people I love most.
Warning: this post is LONG

My Dad: Ron, Ronald, Ronnie, Papa Bear, Ron Schow Electric, I call him pretty much whatever I'm feeling at the moment and he never blinks an eye. Though 'Daaaaaad' used in a whiny voice is probably what I used the most ;) (to get what I wanted when I was younger). My dad is such a great example of sacrifice, dedication and HARD WORK. I don't think I've ever met someone with a greater work ethic and desire to provide for his family. He sets the bar high. He has the greatest sense of humor, and a big, boisterous, obnoxious laugh that I love. He is THE biggest tease and is always giving someone a hard time about something. He has always treated me like a little princess, and called me 'Baby cakes' (I get a little jealous if he tries to use that name on any of the grand kids). I know that he has a special place in his heart for me 'cause I'm the youngest, the baby of the family, and I am grateful to have such a good relationship with him. When I was in high school and he became the Bishop of our ward I began to see him in a new light. He was no longer just the rough and tough electrician with the raggedy edges, but a knowledgeable, smart man. He is a spiritual giant in my eyes and I am so thankful for his example, his love and just for him being him.



My mom: Jeannie, Jean, Jean Marie, but mostly just Mom. She is one of the nicest, most genuine and loving people I know. I don't think she could ever hurt a fly (though she can give a pretty good 'stink eye' when Ron gets out of line - ;). She analyzes over everything, worries and stresses more than she needs to, but I know she always has everyone's best interest at heart. She is the epitome of what a mother should be. I love that she really cares about what my opinion is and always takes me seriously. I have felt for a long time now, that we are more like really great friends, not just mother & child, and I love that. We probably talk on the phone 5 times a week. She is generous and charitable and always willing to give of her time to help us out. Whether it be working, baking, cooking, cleaning or vacationing she never does anything half way, it's just not in her to give less than 100%. She is a beautiful singer and I wish I could play the piano like she does! She has a quiet confidence that I love and I respect her so much. I hope that I can be even half of the parent that she is.



My older brother: Shane I didn't have very many nicknames for since I was just his kid sister, 6 years younger, and most of my memories involve him playing tricks on us. Shane always has something up his sleeve; a plan to jump out and scare someone, a stunt to perform or a joke to play. He is hilariously creative and SO funny. He is adventurous (he's been skydiving!), mischievous, and just plain old fun! As I've gotten older I've gotten to know him more as a person, and not just as an older brother and I love being around him. I know I'll always have a good time, and he just has a way to make you laugh and feel comfortable in your own skin. He is driven and a great provider for his own family of 6 (almost 7). Shane married Jennica 11 years ago, and I am so glad. Right from the start I felt like she fit into our family and she reminds me a lot of my Mom. She is so sweet, nice and just a fun person to be around. She's got to be the most patient person ever 'cause she's raising 4 energetic but amazingly well behaved kids and I've NEVER seen her get mad! Best 'super-mom' I've ever met.




My older sister: Jill, Jilly bean, Jilly poo or my all-time favorite, Trunchbull! Bahaha!!! Growing up Jill and I would fight hard and love hard. Never anything in between. Being 4 years apart we were never really in the same life stages together so we sometimes (........) had a hard time getting along. It didn't help that we are both pretty stubborn and I liked to always get my way. She calls it spoiled, I call it smart. Ha ha! However we still had a LOT of fun memories growing up together. We played all sorts of make-believe games, made home videos (Shane too), did dance, gymnastics and loved our summers at the lake. Now that we are FINALLY in the same stage of being married with kids, our relationship has gotten even closer. We can relate to the things each other are going through, and I love talking to her on the phone and doing fun things together. Maybe it's the Schow genes in us all, but Jill is also SO adventurous and fun. She is a talented photographer and a great mom. She has that kind of natural beauty that makes others green with envy. She is such a great example to me and I wish I had half of her dedication to be fit and healthy. We are hoping to run some sort of marathon together next summer. Jill married Ryan (or Ry-guy) 7 years ago and he is such a great brother in law. When I first met him I realized that he is hilarious, and I love when he just lets loose and shows us all his goofy side (see pic below). He is a Mr. adventure man too and loves to hike. He is so fun to be around, and I think that him and Nick are kindred spirits in the fact that NO BODY could have a love for nachos like they do!



I love you guys!

7 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

awww cute post. You know... I thought seriously about copying this idea, but now that I know you have to do a sibling part, I think not. I have 9 siblings!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

hahahaha, i love the pic of dad and that he never gets embarassed looking dorky in pics. i won't tell ry you posted that pic of him. you forgot to mention that you've never seen me get mad at my kids. hahahaha. right.

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I'm pretty sure you have the most gorgeous mother ever! Makes sense why you and your sis look like you do.
P.S. Your comment about Tyler taking the pictures? Made me laugh. I'm way down there compared to him. Hope you're feeling great!

the fellers said...

oh my gosh Care, I LOVE your family so much....the way you described all of them, fit so perfectly and it made me smile and even laugh outloud at times....yes, your dad has an obnoxious laugh, and yes, he picks on EVERYONE, and yes, you get mad at him, and yes, your mom gives him the BEST stink eye. I am so grateful for your family, but mostly your dad and mom, they were such great examples for me, and opened their home to me so much, I could never re-pay them! Love you guys

ashley b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley b said...

What a great post Carrie. I love your family. They are so fun. It was such a fun weekend to hang out with everyone together. We miss you guys when you are up north! I am getting so excited for the reunion this summer. oh- and the pics you chose are kinda awesome!