CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day five: My favorite eats

So as I was going through some of the topics for my 15 day blogging challenge, I was getting a little uninspired. I decided to scrap a few of them and come up with my own. To a pregnant woman, what could be most inspiring? Food, of course! Here are a few of my favs so you can drool along with me.
YUM!

~Joey Tomatoes chicken lettuce wraps with extra peanuts. A Raspberry burst to drink

~Sprite slurpees
~REAL Popcorn. Movie Theatre popcorn is equally amazing. Microwave popcorn is for the lazy. And though I am often lazy, I can always muster the energy to make real popcorn. It's just SO much better! Mmmm...must go to a movie asap!

~Cafe Rio pulled pork salad. Too bad we don't have any in Canada :(
~Sweet Potato fries. It's all about the mayo dips.
~Salads with lots of veggies and avocado. Mama Hall is great at these!
~Waffles with whipped cream and strawberries
~Super cold ICE water.
~Olive Garden breadsticks and House Salad with jalapenos...mmmm... It is infact served unlimited EVERYDAY for lunch ;)

And now that it's 10pm on a Saturday night, and I am hungry for ALL of these things, cursing the fact that tomorrow is Sunday ~ I am going to stop. Maybe I can get Nick to take me somewhere on Monday for Valentine's Day so that I can taste at least one of these delicious items! Here's hoping...

4 comments:

Chuck and Julie Browne said...

O,I miss Joey Tomatoes. It was my favorite place to eat in Edmonton.
P.s. I will eat a Cafe Rio salad for you down here if you go to Joeys for me. Deal?

the fellers said...

Mmmmm....waffles with strawberries and whipped cream remind me so much of your house! And again, you need to come see me, because #1, I have a cafe rio about 5 minutes from my house, and, #2, I have a place 10 minutes from my house that makes and even BETTER pulled pork salad, mmmmmmm, I wanna go to costa visa now!!!

Jill said...

All of that sounds so yummy. Belgian waffles are probably my favorite thing! And I really like lettuce wraps. DJ introduced them to me-so good. The one time I went to Joey Tomat's in Etown, Ry and I were dating and got seated outside and we thought the menu didn't have anything good on it, and since we were the only ones outside and our waiter had left, we decided to leave over the little gate thing. If only we had known. Haha.

MoxleyH said...

Now I'm all hungry for POPCORN!
Carrie I enjoy reading your blog, but mostly I LOVE your music playlist.