CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day six: A song that makes me cry

There are so many songs (or commercials... or tv shows... or movies...) that make me tear up, ESPECIALLY while I'm pregnant, so I will just stick to these two sentimental country songs. I figure that since today is Valentine's Day and these songs make me think about the love of my husband, and the love of a parent, it would be a perfect post. I put these as the first two songs on my playlist, so make sure to listen to the lyrics. Enjoy!

All American Girl by Carrie Underwood
When I was pregnant for the first time, Nick and I were listening to this song and I got all choked up thinking about how much it fit with our life. About how much the song seemed to be describing my husband, and the way I hoped he'd feel about our children. About the expectations we had for our little family, and the hopes and dreams of what our children would be like. Though Nick did get his wish and we had a boy first, I know that when we do have a girl, she will be very special in her Daddy's eyes and will have him wrapped around her finger in no time.

I Loved Her First
by Heartland

When Nick and I first got engaged, I was talking to my Dad on the phone and he said that he'd heard a song on the radio that had made him think of me. This was the song. I cried the first time I listened to it (and probably most of the times following) because it so perfectly fit. I think I'm just starting to understand the kind of love that a parent has for their child and how no matter how much they grow and change, they will always hold a special place in your heart, as one of your babies.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

this post made me laugh, I've SO been there!! One of the first indications that I'm pregnant is my emotions go all wacko!! Seriously, some of the commercials that made me cry.. I would be embarressed to tell!! I totally agree with you about understanding love in a totally new way once you have kids!