CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Day one: Self portrait and 15 facts about me


1. I'm growing my hair out right now. After a year and a half, I'm not sure if I like the idea as much as I thought I would. I actually really like it about chin length, but because I committed to the idea I am going to be stubborn and continue to grow it. We'll see how long that lasts...

2. I don't care that it's the heart of winter right now - I crave Sprite slurpees every.single.day. Nick won't always cooperate, but I'd say we get them 2-4 times a week. yum

3. I wish that I could accomplish my travelling bucket list right away. Australia, Italy/Rome/Greece/Paris, Hawaii and anywhere else tropical.

4. I've become quite fascinated with any sort of Cake making tv show. Their talents are AMAZING, and I am going to try to develop my own with my new supplies.

5. I am a social butterfly and always have been. I am lucky to have SO many amazing friends (near and far) who are always there for me.

6. I think I will die if I can't find out what the sex of our next baby is. I'm already getting impatient to get the ball rolling...

7. I have become the classic mom who takes a million pictures of her kid and keeps 90% of them.

8. I feel like this list is boring. This is way harder than I thought it would be.

9. I LOVE snowboarding and just being out in the fresh mountain air. I have not been snowboarding in 6 years.

10. I have one kid and I own a minivan. (My teenage self just rolled her eyes in disgust)

11. I want to start taking piano lessons again and get GOOD. Mom, why did you let me quit!?

12. I watch too much tv

13. I love working with the Laurels (16-18yr.old girls) at church. Some of them have become great friends of mine, and I am going to be sad when they graduate and move away.

14. My favorite color is still purple. Though my Grandma Betty would be happy to know that red is a very close 2nd.

15. For the last 2 years I've been keeping my hair close to it's natural color of dark brown. Cost effective, and very low maintenance. Because of the afformentioned hair growing decision I have realized that I'm in a 'hair rut' and needed a change. So I decided to give my teenage years a shout out and put some blonde back in. It might not sound like a big deal to some of you, but I feel GREAT about the change and can't wait to make it even lighter for the summer. Whoo hoo.

ps. if anybody around here needs a cut/color for $60 I know a fabulous hairdresser!

8 comments:

the fellers said...

your hair looks super cute Care!

Jenny Fitzner said...

Love this post, and love your hair. I also love the owls at the end of your post, so cute. I am also a fellow slurpee lover, but it's coke slurpee's for me, and I used to have them everyday since I was about 4 minute walk away from a 7-11, and since I'm not in Canada it's pretty much killing me.

Jill said...

Yay I love your new highlights and I've been waiting for you to do this list.
-I love your hair short and sassy-it suits you. But whenever I start to grow my hair out, then get tired of growing it out and cut it, then I think why the heck did I do that?
-I really love pepsi/root beer slurpies, but i'm kinda sad i found out how much sugar is in them
-i really want to go to those places too, one day!
-i definitely don't take as many pics of max as i did of dani and have to remind myself to take them
-we will have to plan a girls snowboard trip one day-i like to snowboard way more than ry
-i love mini vans and think people who don't are trying too hard to be cool
-i love tv and am not ashamed to admit it
-red!! and every time i see purple i think of you

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

LOVE LOVE LOVED this post!!! Your picture is sooooo adorable! I think you should keep growing your hair out... it looks soooo great! To be honest Im jealous of you... I wish I could look good with shorter hair... I just look like a lil girl. I think girls who can pull of short hair are so cute!
I didn't think your list was boring at all! It's kinda fun to learn more about people. I love random facts. I think they are the funnest!
I hope all is well with your lil baby bump! When do you get to find out the sex? How fun!!!!!!
You're looking good babe!

Christal said...

love that your doing this too! So fun to read and learn new things! I'm so with you on the travel bucket list mine keeps growing!! Your hair looks great! love it!

Julie said...

maybe you think this is boring, but i love reading people's posts like this. um, can I go on your travel list? pretty sure I would love to visit all those places too. your hair looks great in that picture! i love putting more blonde in my hair...um...want to send on facebook who you go to get your hair done by????!! is it who you always go to? i've always loved how your hair is dyed. always looks good!

Sheri Watkins said...

Love the hair. Keep it that length. It looks best!

Jill said...

care-cut it! cut it! cut it! cut it! i have so many cute pics of you with short hair!