CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008


A cute homeade reindeer someone made for me!

Well it's come and gone just like that, and I can say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas break. I had almost 2 weeks off from work and it was a blast (though it flew by too fast, as most vacations do). This was mine and Nick's first year together with his family, and we had a really good time. Unfortunately his mom (a nurse) had to work Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day, so we didn't get to spend as much time with her as we would have liked :( We'll have to figure out a better schedule rotation so that doesn't happen again. Christmas Eve was spent at Nick's Grandma and Grandpa Famulak's house with all the extended family, a turkey, gift exchange and way too much food to snack on. We came back to Nick's parent's house in the evening and opened our Christmas Eve pjs ( a tradition I'm bringing from my family to theirs), then closed off the evening watching Home Alone. That's a personal tradition of mine, I absolutely LOVE that movie! Christmas morning Nick and I were at our house, so we got up early (7am) and opened our presents for eachother. We both spoiled eachother too much and are quite excited about our new Nixon watches (that we both didn't know the other was getting). Nick also got me a new purple Ipod, and I love it! I scored a pair of purple high heels, some boots, gift cards, a framed picture and a few other things (by the way that wasn't all from Nick). Not that I'm bragging....I'm just excited!

Grandma Mena and Grandpa Ed (G&G Famulak)

Eating dinner with the Famulaks Christmas Eve (lookin good Nick...)

The other end of the table...(no one but Bryan and Janet are looking though....)

At Nick's parent's house on Christmas Eve

Infront of our tree on Christmas morning in our new pjs

Nick with his stocking

My new watch

Nick's Dad and his new golf bag

Nick's mom opening her present from us

Bryan scoring some graphic novels (AKA comics)

On the 27th we got together with Nick's mom's side of the family, the Gagnons, and had another great day. We had our second turkey dinner, played cards, and some other games, and stayed up way too late! I don't think we made it home until like 1 am. So thank you to all our hosts and for all the wonderful meals, it was great to spend Christmas together here in Edmonton/Sherwood Park.

Traditional Christmas Day hockey with the Gagnons

With Jaylin, Kyla and Andrea. I love these little cuties!

Mike and Alysha

Nick and I at the Gagnon dinner

We had such a great Christmas this year, hope everyone else did too!

2 comments:

the fellers said...

fun! I think Shon and Nick got the same pj bottoms....but Shons were too short, so we had to take them back! dang it!

DJ said...

I love that you both got each other watches without knowing the other person did too. Mont and I have done that so many times since even before when we were just dating. I loved seeing these pics of you with your Nicks side of the family. It looks like you all had an awesome time and got lots of good stuff. You are so funny with your purple obsession. I love it!
I hope your cold is gone and you are feeling lots better.
By the way as usual you look great and you are so dang photogenic! I love all the pictures! Talk to ya later Care. DJ