CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008 continued

With our first real Christmas Tree!

On the 28th we drove down to Cardston to spend a few days with my family. My mom hosted a dinner for all the Schow relatives and it was great to get together and visit with everyone. We hadn't been down south for over 2 months, so I was missing everyone! It was nice to be able to sit around and relax, read, sleep in and watch movies. Aunt Cindy had us all over one day for homeade soup and buns, and my mom hosted another dinner; steak! So I can definitely concur that I was never lacking in the amazing meal department. It was also a lot of fun to spend some time with my sister and her kids (Shane we sure missed your family!). I think my niece and nephew get cuter every day, I sure loved snuggling with them.

One of my favorite moments of the trip: reading and snuggling cute, sleeping Levi

Levi looks a little unsure....who is this guy?

My mom teaching Dani how to play (not pound) the piano

Grandma Betty getting right in there cutting the turkey

Jill modelling my new boots (looking good Jill.....)

Nick and I drove in to Lethbridge for New Years Eve with Tom and Ashley and met up with Paige and Jeremy for dinner and a movie. It was so good to spend time with them, we sure miss seeing them on a regular basis! I didn't get any pictures of that night, I don't know why I didn't think about it. We did have to cut out early that night though, since there was blowing snow causing whiteouts on the highway back to Cardston. A little scary at a few points along the way, but we did make it home safely. Nick got together with some guys and played hockey at the Cardston ice rink, and I also saw Twilight for the second time, a fun girls night with Jill, Ash and Abbey. Like I said, lots of fun.

The girls

Tom and Nick watching hockey together. (this is what they looked like two nights in a row, you'd think they were afraid of eachother or something... haha)

At the end of 2008, Happy New Year!

Nick and I came back up to Edmonton on the 2nd of January, I was getting a little antsy to get home and get some stuff done before going back to work on Monday. I'm sure glad we came home when we did, because not only did the roads get worse after we got home, but I got sick the next day and have been ever since. Nick and I cleaned up the house and got all the Christmas stuff put away the night we got home so I was glad to have it done when I woke up with a cold. Seriously, how can one nose be so runny?!? Sorry if that grosses you out, but I'm so tired of blowing my nose, I just want to feel better! Anyways, after two ginormous posts and a bazillion pictures, I'm signing out. Happy New Year!

Just thought I'd end with this sweet little whip cream face from New Years Day

5 comments:

DJ said...

Care, I love your pictures--Jill in the boots is a classic Jill photo! Her kids are so freaking cute. I love those two! And your Christmas Decoration--did the person who gave it to you make it themselves. It's pretty wicked!
It sounds like you all had an awesome Christmas!
Carrie sometime when you're down here again we should seriously hang out, go on a girls night--you, me, and Jill. It's been forever since I've seen you and I've never got to actually sit down and talk mission stuff with you...I'm still so interested in hearing more about your mission.
Anyway, for real let me know when you'll be down next so we can chat
Happy New Year Carrie--I hope it's the best--for you & Nick, one where all your dreams and prayers come true!
Love you lots. Dawna J

Andy said...

How the heck do you manage to look so dang cute in EVERY SINGLE picture!! Glad you had a good Christmas (and got around safely on those crazy roads!)

Francis Family said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I love to see who is stopping by and checking in on us. ;) Dustin does remember you and I will definately add you to my list and yes we can be blogger friends!

The Heavenor's said...

You guys are very cute Carrie, and I love your hair (just a random comments, but every picture I kept thinking, cute hair!)

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

just so you know, I look at your blog! (I just read Mindy's post and now I feel guilty!) If you don't know me, I feel dumb, but I know A LOT of the people that you do! Here's some connections:
1)Your sister Jill and I were in the same pre-natal class
2) I used to work at the Cardston hospital, so I knew your dad
3) We went to EFY in Rexburg way back, and you and Melissa rescued me. Did you know that?
I could go on, but I'm feeling very creepy...
and this is a HUGE comment. Should cover my lack of for a while!