CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

Me

I just finished reading my friend Christal's blog and she'd posted 25 things about herself. I always love reading posts like that, so I figured I'd do one for myself. Besides, Nick's gone to hockey right now for the next couple hours and I don't have too much else to do :) So whether you already know these things about me or not here goes....sorry it's ginormous!

25+ Things About Little Old Me
(purple is my favorite color, has been since I was eleven)

0 - I love Nick. This goes without having to even be numbered...


1 - As most women love shoes, I do too. But I feel the same way about watches and purses too! :)


2 - I am a neat freak, slightly OCD about it (and I embrace it). I can't go to bed with the house a mess without feeling anxious about getting it cleaned up. Nick doesn't understand.....

3 - I love wearing fun makeup, especially eyeshadows, and in highschool I used to always match my eyeshadow to the shirt I was wearing. ALWAYS.
(Now days, I love MAC!)

4 - I love peacoats, especially if they have big buttons. Okay, I just have a thing for buttons :)

5 - I LOVE flowers. Mixed boquets... not so much. Flowers of all one kind... definitely. (And it could pretty much be ANY kind of flowers, I just like the look of them being the same kind.)

6 - I am a hopeless romantic, a major cheeseball, and I keep hoping my husband will become one too someday.

7 - I am a loyal friend. Many of whom I've known since elementary and junior high.
(This picture was taken this past summer, but if it doesn't look like a flashback to grade 6, then I don't know what would! Love you Linds.)


8 - I sang in choir from grade 2 - grade 11. And I loved it. I love singing alto, and I love all the wonderful friends and memories I have from choir.

9 - Because of choir I have been to: London-England, France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Niagara Falls & Toronto-Ontario, Quebec, New Bruinswick, Prince Edward Island, New York, Maine and many places in Alberta for various competitions and festivals.

-I have also lived in Madagascar, South Africa and Botswana. Visited many provinces and states: British Columbia, Manitoba, Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, North Carolina, Virginia, Washington DC and of course Montana! I want to go many more places, and have a huge to do list for travelling! Most anticipated: Venice, Italy and New York City!

(With Jaimee and Brittney on one of our last days in Madagascar)

10 - I hate cats, but I like kittens. I hate animal hair (and I think I'm slightly allergic though I've never been diagnosed).

11 - My color of choice for any and all vehicles would be black. Cars, trucks, SUVs, though I have never owned a black vehicle.

12 - I wish I had no debt, and I understand why the Prophet counsels us to not have any that is not absolutely necessary. It stresses me out.

13 - I love photography, and I have since junior high. I was devastated when I lost my first camera - I'm sure I cried. Not for the lost camera, but for the lost captured moments. I want to develop a talent in photography.

14 - I have always wanted to learn to play the violin.
(This is one of my mission companions, Kunz)

15 - I wish I would have listened to my mother and not quit piano in elementary school!

16 - I want to have a big, close family. At least 4 kids, if the Lord would bless us with them.

17 - I am a crybaby, and can be triggered to tears at the drop of a hat. And not in the way from my feelings getting hurt, but it the ways from hearing music, watching movies, a commercial, or hearing about other things that other people are going through. I guess I'm just sensitive.

18 - I use too many punctuation marks, especially commas and exclamation points!

19 - I talk to my Mom every single weekday, for at least 10-20 minutes. She is one of my very best friends. People say we look alike :)

20 - I love pizza, asparagus, lettuce wraps, olive garden salads (& breadsticks), and chocolate!

21 - I loved highschool and growing up in a small LDS town.
(These are my three best friends from Highschool: Lindsay, me, Brandi and Vinnie)

22 - If I blowdry and straighten my hair, I have to leave it down. It seems like a waste to just pull it back in a ponytail or even half-back. Consequently I leave my hair down 95% of the time.

23 - Regardless of church time, I usually make us late. Almost every single week. But I'm rarely late for my 8am meeting that occurs three hours before church. Why is that?

24 - I have truly come to love the game of hockey (I was exposed to it as a child since my Dad and brother played, but since marrying a hockey fanatic I have graduated to a whole new level of knowledge.) I am a devout Oilers fan! Go Sam Gagner!

25 - I am seriously arachnophobic. I DETEST spiders. So creepy......

26 - I have never been in an accident, or pulled over by the police. HA. HA. Yeah right!!!

27 - I love everything about weddings. The dresses, the flowers, the decorations..... I honestly think I would LOVE to be a wedding planner.
(Me trying to find my wedding dress February 2007)

28 - I love to be creative, if I don't feel like I need to be doing something else at that time. I love scrapbooking, decorating, etc. I would also love to be an Interior Designer someday.

29 - I have one A-MAZ-ING family, and a fabulous group of friends(who live here, there, and everywhere). Thanks for everything that you do for me. I truly am grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life.
(The whole Schow clan August 2008)
So keep in touch everyone, and if you're reading this, comment! Love you!

10 comments:

the fellers said...

that pic of you and linds is pricesless...that pic of you, me, linds and bran...not so priceless, maybe you could have cut out the yellow cow that was in it...probably would have been better...we need a better, more recent pic I think...ok...I knew all those things...haha. I win...what is the prize?

Kate said...

I love the Schow family Pic & nicks missing tooth!!! Yeah for Hockey! HOpe you are on the Mend from your little surgery.

Carrie said...

Thanks Kate, I'm doing pretty good. And that's so funny about the Schow family picture....Nick has received many a stitches from hockey, but never lost any teeth. It just looks that way because of the shadowing and the way the tooth was pushed back. His braces have brought it back in line nicely now.

Francis Family said...

I was gonna comment anyways ;)! I realized after reading that post you and I have too many things in common, it's almost freaky! and Vinnie, shut up you look cute! But ya I could agree with pretty much anything on that list, so funny. There are a few things though like I haven't travelled the world like you have!and a few more. anyways fun post,I like stuff like that too and I also am home alone cuz Dustin is at Scouts, bleh!

benandkristi said...

such a great post Car! i love reading stuff like this. everyone should do this on their blog. and ps. i should post a pic i have from my fifth grade birthday party... or maybe not!

Andy said...

That was fun... and I totally agree about the hair thing. I always wear mine down after taking the time to blow-dry and straighten... what a waste of time to pull it up...

ashley b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley b said...

I love your post Care! I knew almost all of those things! Cute pictures too! I hope you are doing well. Oh- is that Nick's mom taking the picture of you at the bridal place? anyways, we can't wait to see you guys.

Scott and Tara said...

I loved this post. Everything made me smile, especially since a lot of the things you listed reminded me of me!

Christal said...

That was so fun to read we actually have a lot in common! You are so beautiful I've always thought that, you have class and you are so fun! Love the pics too! Hope your surgery went good too not fun.