CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Our Humble Abode


At long last, I'm getting around to posting a few (or a lot) of pictures of the place Nick and I are renting here in Edmonton. For the first year and a half of our marriage we lived in a little one bedroom apartment off of 99st and 88Ave. Our apartment was on the bottom floor so it was usually pretty dark and sharing a wall with the front entrance made for lots of loud stomping coming through our bedroom wall. The area was a bit ghetto (my car did get broken into on my birthday last year) BUT it was nice to have so many great friends close by, and be in such a young ward.

We started looking for a new place to move to at the start of the summer, and stumbled upon a great deal in Millwoods (and no, it's not the ghetto part of Millwoods) . The house is divided into a main floor apartment and a basement suite, and we are on the main floor. I love having so many windows and getting the daylight streaming in (except not really now, since winter has come and it gets dark at like 5pm..... Ohwell, summer will be great. ) We moved in during the last week of August and we have loved it so far. Some of the perks:#1- We love the location. It's so close to the new Anthony Henday so we can zip to Sherwood Park in no time, and it's way closer to my work. #2- Having more room! #3- A dishwasher (our fighting has dramatically decreased due to this point alone)



A couple different angles of the living room

The dining area


Perk #4- Our very own washer and dryer (whoo hoo -- no more hauling our laundry to Nick's parents house since we were too cheap to use the tiny apartment's community coin laundry)


Perk # 5- A deck with table and chairs, a small backyard all to ourselves, as well as a big parking pad out back so we don't have to park on the street.


(okay, so it needs to be painted, but who cares? It's our very own deck!)


Perk #6 - An extra half bathroom so I don't have to see how messy Nick likes to keep his sink (ps. how funny is the seashell sink? :)


Perk#7- room for storage in the laundry room


Perk #8 A huge closet in our bedroom so I can organize all my stuff (Isn't my shoe shelving sweet? And yes...my shirts are color-coded...I'm kind of OCD.)



And moving to a new place gave me an excuse to buy a new, cute duvet cover. I love it!



Perk #9- A spare bedroom so our computer is no longer in our bedroom, I have a little room to scrapbook, and there's now room for company to come and stay. Come anytime!


Perk #10 We are happier! Can't you tell... this post was huge!

10 comments:

the fellers said...

cute....!

Andy said...

carrie, your place is cute... that living room furniture looks familiar (!)... anyways, where did you get that frame/divider that you have in your living room... I need one so badly, have looked everywhere but can't find one! ... and I agree, dishwashers make for a happier couple! ha ha ha

Anonymous said...

I love your new place!! I can't wait to come and stay with you!- so we will see ya tomorrow!

Scott and Tara said...

My clothes are organized my color too, i don’t think it is OCD, i think of it as just being really organized. I will admit i organize my husband clothes too, but not by color, by t-shirts here, sweaters, polo’s, button up shirts, ect.
I love your cute house, i can't wait till we have a house, I understand your issue with the noise in the apartment. We live in a condo and our bedroom window is by the front entrance. I hate it.

Anonymous said...

looks great Carrie!

Lynsey said...

Congratulations on your new home. Everything looks great!

the fellers said...

hey...you asked me where I got my train for under my tree....well I think it was like $25 at the local grocery store here...Dicks Marketplae....but I was at WalMart last week and saw some there...it is pretty cheap, and is run by batteries, but Scoty LOVES his Choo Train!

Christal said...

carrie thanks for your comments just wanted you to know that when I read your comment from the infertility post you made me cry patience is the biggest test eh!
Your new house looks awesome its so nice to have your own space and places to go!! Exciting! Love all the pics! anyway just wanted you to know I was thinking of you ! Cute blog!

The Dudleys said...

You have a blog! What the heck where have I been! I miss you guys seriously a lot...

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie--just wanted to tell you your Christmas pictures are great. You are beautiful!
I couldn't comment on the actual post--it's not giving the option.