CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trip to C - town!

...Cardston that is. I can't believe it had been over 4 months since I was home! At Christmas we went straight to B.C. to meet up with my family, and so far this year we just hadn't made it down there - so I was really looking forward to our trip down. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint! On Friday night we met up at the Keg with Tom & Ashley and Jeremy & Paige to celebrate Nick and Ashley's birthdays. Y-U-M! The best part for me was the fact that Nick and I had a gift card, so we could order whatever we wanted and not have to worry about 'breaking the bank'. So awesome :) It was fun to finally be able to meet (and snuggle) baby Gray and also to see Paige prego. Our babies are due less than a week apart so it is fun to have someone that's going through the same thing as me at the same time.

The boys: Tom, Nick & Jer

The girls: Paige, me & Ashley

Saturday afternoon we had quite the shindig at my Mom's house as she and Jill threw me an awesome baby shower. We had a fabulous turnout, and it was great to have SO many aunts and cousins there, as well as a bunch of really good friends. Thanks for coming everybody - it was so fun to see you!

My cute niece Dani

Isn't my Mom adorable? I just love her!

Vinnie just happened to be in town for her Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary, so I lucked out in getting to see her and have her come to my baby shower. It was so good to see you Vin, it had been WAY too long!

Megan, Andy, Shaunie and Aunt Lorraine (all of whom I don't get to see near enough - so I'm really excited for the Hull reunion this summer!)

Abbey & Grayden

Just showin off some of the goods...

My Mom/Jill and Sheila Hall (Mom #2) made these two adorable 'diaper cakes'.
So fun and so cute!


A pic with the rest of the Hull ladies that came: L-R : Tisha, Aunt Glenys, Dani, Jill, me, and Eryn. (with Mom and Grandma Hull sitting in front - Oh and I guess I should mention that the two adorable little boys are Eryn's twins Josh & Zach)

Our weekend capped off with some Schow/Bennett family time on Sunday as we all got together for Grayden's blessing. Cindy and Ashley hosted an AMAZING ham dinner afterwards, and I can honestly say that it 'takes the cake' as far as any sort of family get-togethers go. Seriously. Ham with a delicious ginger sauce on top, stuffed baked potatoes, yummy salads, homeade rolls and a fabulous cheesecake for dessert. More please! Maybe I can hire them to do a dinner for me???

Ash & I at the family dinner

The new and improved Bennett family:
Porter, Ashley, Grayden & Tom

And last (but certainly not least...) Grandma Betty, me & baby Gray

7 comments:

Kay said...

oh I am jealous I wasn't there....I love Grandma Betty, and I can't wait to meet baby Gray! You and Paige look so cute with your lil bellies! Less than a month....so excited!

Jill said...

Care-we are lame, we never got any pics of the two of us together at the baby shower or in Edmonton-in fact we never seem to get any pics together the two of us. But I like that you finally updated your blog!

ashley b said...

cute post care. it was so fun having you guys here. thanks for the shout out about the dinner. my mom really did most of the work. :) you look amazing in these pics care. I can't believe you only have a month.
can't wait to meet the little guy.

the fellers said...

it was so fun to see you too Care! I am excited to see pics of baby Famulak, and hear stories, now that you are stay at home...I should just call you before that!

Heather said...

so cute! All that yummy food, everything seems to taste better in Cardston though, doesn't it? Nice to see a cute pic of you and Vinnie together too! Can't wait to see pics of your boy!

DJ said...

Looks like you had a great trip to Cardston! Love all the pix and sorry I missed your shower! That was sad for me. But I'm glad you got to see so many of your friends and family and get the support you deserve.
Love ya!

Candace said...

Cute pictures, wish we could've been up there to hang out with everyone! We look forward to seeing everyone at the Hull reunion as well. Good luck with the baby!