CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter, Maternity leave and Randomness...

Jill & Ryan came up to visit us for Easter with their kids and we had so much fun! We took the kids swimming,shopping (which was clearly more for our enjoyment than theirs) to the park behind our house, and did an easter egg hunt for them on Sunday between conference sessions. Us adults also got to enjoy a nice Friday night out. One of my laurels babysat, and we ate at Montanas and saw the movie 'the Bounty Hunter'. It was pretty funny - though I'm sad I never got any pictures of us that night. I don't think that Jill and I have even gotten a picture with just the two of us in MONTHS! We always seem to forget!

Levi was trying to be such a big boy and carry the floaty - it was so cute.

I think I'm going to have a hard time with the task of getting my children to look
at the camera when I want them to. Levi and Dani are my perfect example.


Nick and Ryan just being silly - I think they were just excited to finally be eating
the nachos they'd been talking about for 2 days straight!

This is Levi's 'morning smile'. He would always scrunch up his face
and give us the cutest cheesiest grin. I love it.


Dani and Jill looking for easter eggs at the park

Dani and I made easter nests with no bake cookies and mini eggs.
She LOVED it! (Thanks for the idea Dawna)


I am now officially finished work and have started maternity leave. Getting paid for being at home. Whoo Hoo!!! A couple days after I finished, I went back in to work for a little going away party luncheon. Kathy made some delicious crock pot sloppy joes, we had some other yummy sides and Tobi's brownies for dessert. I am going to miss those home cooked lunches! It also turned into a mini baby shower as everyone gave me some fabulous gifts :) A few books, a couple adorable outfits, and my boss (more like Kathy....) got us a Bumbo chair & tray, and an awesome bouncey chair. I really appreciate their generosity and I am going to miss everyone so much! It has been a fabulous 3 years.

The girls from work L-R: Kathy, Linda, Tobi, me and Megan

Helen and her cute little girl Olivia came in to work for my goodbye party

This is actually Olivia smiling so big she looks like she's scowling. haha

And last, but certainly not least, Nick and I have been busy as we continue to get our house ready for the baby. The nursery is finally all set up (though I'm still working on getting pictures and decorations up)! And the rest of the house is getting cleaned and organized bit by bit.
I was so excited for our crib and dresser to FINALLY get here after 10 weeks of
waiting !
(I will post nursery pics after it's all finished...sorry)

I have been DYING to organize our hall closet, and was so annoyed with Nick just
throwing his work stuff in there on top of all my cleaning supplies. Ugh!


Amazing what some shelving from Home Depot can do 'huh!
It's such a small change, but it makes such a big difference to me.
My heart just feels happy when I look at this picture :)

6 comments:

Kay said...

Jill's kids are so cute....that Levi is gonna be a heart breaker! Wow you did get spoiled by the people at work!

Christal said...

So fun all of it easter going away party what fun stuff you got! Isn't so nice after waiting so long to have some finality and be able to be home with your little baby! and you are so dang cute! When are you not look at you so beautiful pregnant too!
So fun to get the nursery together too! Just so excited for you!

Christal said...

I meant to say isn't it so nice... oops

Lynsey said...

I can't believe how close you are to having this baby! You look way too cute to be pregnant! I can't wait to see some pics of the little guy:) Good luck with everything!

the fellers said...

i LOVE it when things get organized around my house too, sounds like you are nesting my dear....and now that you are on mat leave we can actually talk on the phone, dont forget that!! And I cant wait to see nursery pics, you better do them ASAP after it is done!

Jill said...

in a few months you'll have to go put your cleaners somewhere else hahaha. i gotta go-levi is cracking eggs into the toilet.