CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

What's new with us...

Happy St.Patrick's Day!

Since I've been basically getting death threats... (ahem.... Vinnie!) I guess it's time to post another prego pic. I took a picture a week and a half ago, but since I procrastinated putting it up here I took another one after church this week so it would be more recent. (And yes...my hair and clothes were exactly the same two weeks in a row.) I know, I know, I'm awesome. Do you notice a difference between the two weeks?

29+ weeks

30+ weeks

We had another busy weekend and got more done around the house. We painted the fireplace brick white, and it looks great! Though Nick did want to give up about a million times since it was a major PAIN to do. (Thanks honey... I really appreciate all your hard work.) The bricks themselves have little ridges in them, so it was super hard to get paint into all the little cracks and crannies, and probably took Nick 6 or 7 hours to do. I've decided that with the light tan color on the walls and the white and brown curtains, I'm going to stain the mantle dark brown to make it 'pop' more. I think it will look really good, and hopefully it'll get done in the next few days so i can update with a picture of the finished product. Now I just need to start figuring out what I'm going to put ON the mantle, and what to hang above it!

I also finally got Nick to help me hang a few pictures and I bought a few frames that I'm going to hang in the nursery. Yay!

Nick's Grandpa's birthday was this past week, and since Nick's is on Monday we did a joint birthday dinner at our house on Sunday. It was actually really fun to host it and since most of his extended family hadn't been over to see our new house yet, it was fun to show them around.

Happy Birthday!

And just for fun I figured I'd include a picture of Nick after we watched team Canada win the Olympic Gold in hockey a few weeks ago!
Such a good game to watch!

8 comments:

the fellers said...

HA! thanks Care! So cute, and I cant wait to see you Saturday! WHOOHOO!!

Leslie said...

carrie you look so cute! and i love your house - it is adorable! come decorate mine when i finally have one

Jill said...

Care-you do look bigger in the 2nd pic, but it might just be the angle, can't wit to see the bump in person. i lovew the pic of nick in his jersey and so happy-go canada!

Ellen said...

(thanks Vinnie for getting her to post the pics!) haha.. You are too cute Carrie! You will be glad that you have taken some baby belly pics - I wish I had taken more with my first pregnancy. I think the stained mantle will look fab! Can't wait to see pics of that too once it's done :) take care, you are on the last stretch :) love always!

Kay said...

Carrie you look so cute! You do look a little bigger in the second pic, but not much....I think the pic is just taken a bit closer! Can't wait to see your fireplace! I can read nick's face in the pic..."Carrie why do you always make me do this?" hahah love the pose Nick!

Lorraine said...

So cute. Glad you look so happy and healthy. I can't wait to see the little guy.

Kristyn said...

you look great!!!

Scott and Tara said...

Love it, you look great. I was hoping you were at church on Sunday because we were there... but sadly we missed each other.