CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I love having a newborn



I love having a newborn in the house again. Love having someone who lets you cuddle them as much as you want, sleeps on your chest, doesn't whine, and smiles in their sleep. We have been really lucky with our kids (knock on wood...) and the fact they they are both pretty even tempered (so far anyways). Emerson has been such a good baby, and we are so happy to have her in our family. For the most part I'd say that Nixon is pretty oblivious to his baby sister and still thinks he 'rules the roost'. Though more often than not, no matter who is holding Emmy ends up with Nixon clamoring to sit on their lap as well. It's pretty funny and makes me feel loved when I have two kids on my lap. Until I begin to feel smothered and then it starts to become a bit annoying. Nixon was a spitter-upper so I never really realized how GOOD a newborn smells. This time around, smelling my baby is like an addiction! Seriously I can't even explain how delicious of a smell it is - all I know is that between smelling & kissing her, I can't stop! She is just so perfect! Mmmmm... On that note, I'm going to leave the stories for later and share a few (or a ton!) of amazing photos that Ashley took for us. I love them. Enjoy!

love these lips.


don't little yawns just melt your heart???


this is the quilt I made for her crib!


She was THIS awake 95% of her 3 different photo shoots.
I'm surprised we got any sleeping pictures at all!



We sure love our baby girl



can't leave Nixon out in the cold...

the adorable toesies of my big baby & my little baby

and a little red ruffle butt to close the show!

9 comments:

Jill said...

love them all, ash is awesome! even though the sleeping ones are easier, the eyes open ones are so great to have too.

The Dudleys said...

Love Love Love! She is probably huge since the last time I saw her! We NEED to get together ASAP!

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

she is just a doll!!!! Once again you guys did good! Arent baby girls so much fun?! Im so happy for you guys! Nixon has such adorable curl in that one pic and it makes me want a boy sooooo bad! I loved the pics... new borns really are so precious! Ashley took amazing pics for sure!!!!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

beautiful baby Carrie!
I just love that we're internet friends.
I'm glad things are (crazy) but good!

Jennifer Bruner said...

So cute! Makes me want another one!! Glad she is giving you a different experience. Thanks for sharing your parents house with us! It was great to see you all.

Tobi said...

Yeah! I've been waiting excitedly to see baby Emerson's photos. What a beautiful little girl. I'm so happy for you guys. You all look great. Tobi

ashley b said...

I miss you guys! Your kiddos are so stinking adorable. Come back so we can do another cute girly photo shoot!

Jeannie said...

The pictures are all so cute. Ashley takes such great pictures! Of course the subjects of the pictures are perfect (what else can Grandma say?!!) I miss you guys already and can't wait to see everyone at Emmy's blessing!

Kara said...

ashley is so talented! love all the pics! (and that's sweet nick cooperated haha)