CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Lovin...


I have a special relationship with reading. There is NOTHING I'd rather do on a hot (or rainy) summer day than curl up with a good book. To lay on the beach, at a lake, in my backyard, or curled up on my couch or in my bed is perfection. Unfortunately life seems to get crazier and busier through the winter months (or maybe I'm just too busy watching my plethora of TV shows...) so I don't end up reading as much as I'd like to. But when the sun finally comes out, the flowers bloom, and with the smell of cut grass in the air, the "stars align" for me to clear my schedule for some good old fashioned reading. Here are a few of the gooders that I've read this summer: (What have you been reading?)

This is an amazing book series, and I can't wait to read the 3rd book.
It JUST came out. I was a little skeptical when I read the cover,
but it was definitely worth the chance. Seriously awesome.
(ps I'm so excited they are going to make it into a movie - due out next year!)
I've been on a bit of a Nicholas Sparks kick this year, so I figured
I better read the actual book to the classic movie that I LOVED.


This is the 'sequel' to the Notebook. I loved it too.

This was a little 'out of the box' for the usual Sophie Kinsella style,
but was still a fun, easy read.


Nick's Mom is really into Nora Roberts, so last year we gave her the
1st book in this series. I ended up borrowing it, and loved it.
Then I totally forgot about it. Until I saw the third book at Costco,
and then I got really excited because then I get to read the 2nd and
3rd books back to back. For a lover of all things wedding..... it's hitting the spot :)



Next on my reading list:


Since I've never read it, I figured I'd better get on with it!
(Besides..... there's a new sequel - who knew?)

P & P sequel, as mentioned above. Should be good...

Love Mitch Albom. Hopefully it's good


And lastly - I want to reread this series. It's 5 thick books, with an
extra shorter book that was written later. I should be busy for awhile....

8 comments:

the fellers said...

and summer is almost over! Man, there are a lot of good books there, didnt know there was a p & p sequel....I will have to look into that. i LOVE to read too, and I think I am going to have to get into this Hunger Games thing, I dont know anything about it, but everyone seems to be talking about it, so maybe I should try it out!

Kay said...

hmmm I too love the hunger games series. I also read the five people you meet in heaven...it was just ok, i wasn't in love with it. Let me know what you thing when you read it.

Andy said...

Carrie, we are way too alike! I also loved the Hunger Games. I just started the third one today! ... and The Wedding is one of my faves...I read Twenties Girl this summer too and it was good. I'm not a Mitch Album fan however and I don't know that I've read a Nora Roberts lately. Anyways, I love books and I love posts about books!
Happy Reading!

Jill said...

Care, I really like the Hunger Game series too. Did you buy the 3rd, if yes can I borrow it when you are done? The Wedding is probably one of my favorite books and lately I've been reading Jack Weyland books. I watched Charly and then had to read the book, then I read a few others. They are so cheesy but I love them. And I just read a book called "The Help" it is amazing. Mom read it in like 2 days. You have to read it!! And it is being made into a movie too. And Pride and Prejudice is good too, you just have to keep going til you get into it-it kinda drags on at the start with the old english language. I think we should start a book club!

DJ said...

I love your list of gooders. I also have a LOVE for Reading!!! I think I should buy the Hunger Games Series...I've heard nothing but good about them and have been wanting to indulge for quite awhile. I have most of Mitch Alboms on my shelf as well. I love his. I have yet to read The Five People You Meet In Heaven...it's sitting on my bookshelf as well as the movie that goes with it. I have a long list of reads. And you just added to that list. I love reading though so that can only be a good thing!

Kim said...

Oh I love reading too...and summer is the best time. I read the hunger games too this summer as I'm sure a lot of people did :) I also read Nanny Returns and it was okay. I liked the first one better though. I have a long list of books I need to read and a bunch sitting by my bed...if I could only find more time...haha!! In answer to your question about pics...yes for awhile I took pics for people, but now I only do it when people ask. Your home decor pics in the previous post are cute! I keep telling Cody I want one of those mirrors too...if only, hey? haha!! Love it!

The Oregon Tale said...

Carrie, sup girlie.
i just finished reading the hunger games, i like the first 2 best and then the 3rd was just okay. No time to read any of the others you suggested but i'll probably borrow them from you when i get done school. Can't wait to see you guys again, around christmas (dangit).
hugs**

Jeannie said...

I want to read the Hunger Game series, too. I've read the Dean Hughes series. It was really good. I thought you read it, too, but it must have been Jill. I've also read "the five people you meet in heaven". Like Kay said, it was o.k.--not as good as many of his other books. I LOVED "The Help". It's probably one of the best books I've read in a long while. I can't wait to see the movie that Jill said is coming out next year. Nicholas Sparks is also a favorite. I think I've read them all!