CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Look Who's Three Months!

"Who me????"

I don't have many pictures of the two of us, so I must resort to self-portraits...

I know it's so cliche' to say, but I can't believe how fast time is flying by and how much Nixon is growing! I figured I better do an update for those of you that don't get to see him often enough, and for my own record. Around the 6 week mark he was still having a hard time gaining weight (and keeping it on). We decided to go fully to feeding with formula, and he's been thriving ever since. In the few weeks after that, he basically gained a pound a week and was inching toward the top of the growth charts in height and weight. I went in for his three month checkup today and he is 15 lbs. 13 oz.(95% in weight), 24.5 inches long (75% in height) and 75% in head size. He's out of all his newborn clothes and is into 3-6 month sizes (except all his pants are either too tight on his belly or WAY too long.) Go figure.
I wanted to get a picture of him in all his Oilers paraphenalia, but I think i was a bit too late in getting one where the hat fits. So funny how his head is all
smushed into it....haha

He was much happier once we took the hat off.....

Nixon has been a pretty good sleeper from the beginning so we are VERY lucky! He sleeps well at night, and had started having really good afternoon naps, but his mornings were pretty inconsistent and more like catnaps. So the past few days I've been reading "the Baby Whisperer" and applying some of her techniques and it's DEFINITELY been making a big difference. He usually sleeps about 10 hours at night, with 2 -3 good naps during the day now. Yes, I am bragging. It's pure bliss. Routines are AH-MAY-ZING.

All tuckered our from playing on his mat

Nixon also has an awesome talent; feeding himself. haha jks
(don't judge me....I was still supervising him.)

Nixon is getting stronger and stronger everyday. He does pretty good with tummy time and has been able to hold his head up since birth. Though sometimes he gets tired and then resembles a little bobble head....so cute. He like to be carried facing outward so he can see everything that's going on around him. He loves laying on his little play mat and will stare inquisitively at the stuffed octopus above his head. Othertimes he will stare and just coo and smile at it. It's pretty funny. He loves his baths and would be content to lie in his little tub splashing and squealing for extended periods of time if I'd let him.He also loves to kick his legs and when he's in his crib he somehow manages to scooch from the middle until he's up against the bars (even while he's tightly swaddled!).

Tummy time with Gaffe the Giraffe.
Bath time
He recently discovered his hands, and now loves to slobber all over them. He was a spitter-upper for a little while, but that's now made way for some serious drooling. Who knows, maybe he'll be an early teether. He's also realized he has a voice and has started to coo and babble so sweetly, and then give the odd pterodactyl shriek. Seriously, it's so random and so loud! And last, and certainly the most exciting thing is that he now smiles all the time. He's even giggled a few times - but he still makes us work hard for that.

"Just chowin down...don't mind me..."
The first smile I caught on camera. A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.
(if I do say so myself.....)

I love his smiles!
We sure love our little boy and are enjoying watching him grow and discover the world around him. What a wonderful blessing he is to us. We couldn't be happier!

Workin the camera...full of giggles and smiles!

8 comments:

Kay said...

He is just so cute...I love how alert he always is!

the fellers said...

awe, so cute care...i love when they start to giggle and get a personality, so dang fun!

Jill said...

Care-he is getting so chubby-I love it. And he still looks like Nick but in the 1st pic especially he is starting to look more like you. I love his smiles!

Ellen said...

awe, he's so cute!! love the chubby cheeks, they are adorable!! Looks like you're having fun being a mamma :) Just enjoy every little stage, because like you said, they grow up way too fast! (yes it is cliche, but anyone that has had children knows it is the absolute truth!!)

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

I know what you mean!!! It is sooo crazy how fast these little ones grow up and learn!
Vienna was the same way at the beginning. It was hard for her to gain weight... formula did the trick as well!
I miss that 3 month stage! I honestly do! It is so fun to see how quickly they are learning and eager to get going with things! So fun! Enjoy it cause it goes by way to fast! I miss the 3 naps a day for sure!!! What a treat hey!
He is just so cute! I wont lie I was sad to see him decked out in oilers stuff (hahaha we are flames fans at my house)... but he is still so adorable for words! Im so glad you are enjoying being a mommy!!!
I LOVED when Vienna found her hands... it was soooo cute and sooo funny! Hopefully we will get a chance to see each other at alumni this year! I would love to meet Nixon!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

He's darling Carrie - and the sleeping thing? AWESOME.
P.S. Tyler and I were talking about you the other night...how creepy. He wanted to know how I knew you. I was like, "well, it all started when I went to EFY in Rexburg and her and Melissa rescued me because I was ALL ALONE." Do you remember that?
Thanks for saving me that day!

Kristyn said...

Honestly I can't believe he is already three months old. He is so handsome. glad you are enjoying every minute of him. cute pics.

bklain said...

so chubby and wonderful.