CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

A little Home Decor...

After getting our pictures done with Nick's family, I finally filled a couple frames I'd bought and was able to put together the display in my front entry that I've been dreaming about. Whoo Hoo :) I love how it turned out! It was definitely worth the minor fight(s) with Nick as we dropped (and broke) our level, (together) balanced precariously on a ladder to put up the vinyl lettering and leaned dangerously over the banister. No big deal. Like I said........ TOTALLY worth it.

I totally lucked out with a single trip to Michael's, and found the vase, beads,
and flowers that went perfectly with the other colors in my entryway.


I LOVE the frame I bought from Alli, and the Vinyl that
Lindsay gave me for Christmas! Thanks girls :)


Since I've been on a bit of a Home Decor kick, I thought I'd include some random pictures of things I wish I could buy. I'm starting to realize that as much as I love contemporary or classic items, I always seem to gravitate towards vintage/antique items. Hmmmm..... I guess we'll just have to see how it plays out as we develop and decorate our home over the next few years.

I would DIE for this mirror.
(And to have a room with a ceiling high enough to hang it)


I love these antique chests

Love the distressing on this dresser

And last but not least, I would love something similar to this chair,
but as an armchair to go in my future living room. I love black and white.

8 comments:

ashley b said...

So cute- want to help me decorate my house when you come down?? Oh- and want to bring me one of those adorable white mirrors too :) haha. can't wait to see you and little nixon.

Andy said...

check out the armchairs with slipcovers at ikea. they have a black and white slipcover that i love!

Julie said...

okay. where do you shop? all this stuff is so cute! i'm pretty much a home sense girl..and that's it. this stuff looks so cute and your house is amazing!

Melissa Ekman said...

Come and decorate my place. You have way cute taste in stuff.

cindy said...

Looks great Carrie! You definitely have a talent for decorating. Love the family photos too!

Zaugg Blog said...

your house is darling! it makes me even more excited to get into ours. I bet nick is excited to watch some hockey with his boy soon...i know aaron can't wait!...except he'll be looking down and a girl in a pink flames jersey!hahah

Nadia and Jarom Phillips said...

You have really cute taste! I love the frames! They look sooooo awesome! I can't wait to have my own house so I can decorate it!

ashlee said...

I love to read but when I get into a good book everything else suffers. Your house looks so cute. And Nixon is so cute.