CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday Celebration!

Happy 26th Birthday to Me!

I am a very spoiled girl this year. Nick surprised me with a beautiful ring. For a long time I've wanted a ring with my birthstone (amethyst) because not only is it a nice feminine color, it's my favorite color! Imagine that ;) I've had a few pieces of birthstone jewelery over the years like a small necklace when I was in jr.high or a ring in highschool, so I was really excited to get an 'upgraded' version for my birthday. Besides, it doesn't hurt that it's VERY large and surrounded by little diamonds. It is beautiful, and I can't wait for it to get back from being sized so I can wear it!

The bling.

Nick was so cute this year. He got up before I woke up and 'scrapbooked' me a card! So sweet. He's a guy who'll always say what he's feeling, but I don't have many things to keep where it's written down. I got a little choked up just reading his sweet card. I'm sure lucky to have him!

For dinner we went to my favorite restaurant, Joeys, and I had a fabulous meal of Chicken Lettuce Wraps accompanied by a delicious Raspberry Burst to drink.
You should try it!


I was so glad Kay and Melvin were able to celebrate the evening with us, and clearly Bennett had a great time too. Looks like Nick is getting some
hands on practice :)

We capped off the weekend with a Super Bowl party at our house (Go Saints!),
so I whipped up some yummy sugar cookies for our guests.
Don't I look like Suzy homemaker? I try... ;)


10 comments:

Jill said...

you do look like suzy homemaker! I can't wait to come visit, it is taking me forever huh! Let's eat at Joey's when I come up to visit, maybe the day after you have the baby, I'm sure you'll feel like going out to celebrate then. Actually maybe mom and I will have to go with out you, jokes. seeing nick with a boy i can totally pic it now. luv ya!

The Dudleys said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Sorry we couldn't make it out with you guys...STUPID WORK! Happy Birthday! I love love love your new ring!

Christal said...

You are so cute! HAppy birthday too!! what a good start to the year eh lots of miracles and surprises! Love the new ring too so pretty! ttys

DJ said...

I thought of you on your birthday. Looks like you had a fun day and definitely got spoiled. I love the ring---it's so you! And yes you look like Suzy Homemaker for sure! Yay for 26 and having a baby this year. I'm so excited for you---there isn't a better birthday present than that!!

Scott and Tara said...

Happy Birthday! Pretty Ring... Nick did a great job with that gift! Also love your apron.
By the way, where is the updated belly photo?

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday Carrie!! Looks like you had a gooder :) I also would love to see another belly pic! You know it soon will be over and we will barely have any evidance of your pregnancy :) lol..

benandkristi said...

happy birthday car!!! your ring sounds gorgeous! also, i adore your apron. very very cute!

bklain said...

Carrie I have actually been thinking of you a lot lately wondering how you are doing. You look SO ADORABLE in these pictures. You are so dang cute pregnant and being domestic!
Hope things are going well. LOVE YOU!

Kristyn said...

you are so beautiful. truly you are. hope you are feeling great, and looks like you had a good birthday!!!

Lorraine said...

You look great and so happy. Congrats on the ring. Nick is definitely a keeper. Hope to see you soon.