CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Update

As promised, I'm here with a prego/baby update. I wanted to wait until after Jan.15th, because that's when my ultrasound was and we were hoping to find out the sex of the baby. We lucked out with a baby that semi-cooperated, and were able to discover that we are having a BOY! I was quite surprised because I really felt like it was going to be a girl. Well, kind of....you see, I actually always wanted a boy first so he could play the protective older brother role (and lets be honest - a boy would be a bit easier on my bank account). But once I found out I was actually pregnant I think I just really wanted a girl so that I'd have a mini-me to dress up and put bows and headbands on etc. Besides, out of 8 babies that were born this last year to CLOSE family and friends, 7 of them were boys. AND... out of 4 of my friends that are now pregnant, 3 of them are also having boys. I felt like it was my duty to even out the population a bit. But alas, I am joining the ranks of the majority and we are excited to be having a little hockey player first :)

This picture looks a little funny because he's on his back, but kind of turning to the side. So the part that's sticking up that I thought was an arm or a leg or something, is actually the side of his bum and part of his thigh. But it was the ONLY profile pic we could get! (you can also see his little right hand resting on his head)

I thought this little leg and foot was so cute!

The ultrasound was SO neat, and it was so exciting to see the first pictures of our little guy! The ultrasound tech was a little bit interesting, but nice enough I guess - though I basically had to twist her arm to get her to tell us if it was a boy or a girl... She also had a hard time getting all the pictures she needed because the baby was quite content to just lay on his stomach and not roll over to let us get a better profile pic or pics of his heart. I kept having to roll over and try and help her get a better angle, so it took a lot longer than I expected.

The baby bump picture I attached is actually from a couple of weeks ago - I'm 21 weeks along now with only 17 weeks to go! My Dr. will be doing a scheduled C-section 2 weeks early, and we already know the delivery date. May 11, 2010! It's so crazy to think of how close that really is! I'm starting to feel a little antsy now, like I better get my act together and start preparing for his arrival. We haven't done much - just looking online for stuff and thinking about how I want to decorate the nursery. We've also been shopping for cribs and I think I found the one I want, but as for the bedding, car seat, stroller, rocker and all other items I am really not sure yet. Any great suggestions?

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully something else exciting happens within the next little while so you won't have to wait another couple months for a big post :)

23 comments:

cindy said...

Congratulations Carrie, we're so excited for you guys! Now Porter's little brother can have a buddy to play with when you come to visit! :D I know you and Nick will make wonderful parents no matter what you are having. Love you guys!

Ellen said...

YAY!! I was just here to check but you hadn't posted yet.. I'm glad you did :) I loved having a boy first!! I know everyone says that girls are so fun to dress up and stuff like that, but boys are so much fun in a different way! you will find that you will have a mama's boy on your hands I'm sure :) enjoy the weeks you have left! love you!
Ellen

Alli said...

Congrats.... that is Shoal's Birthday.. may 11, 2009.... it is a good day
boys are cooler

Andy said...

congrats carrie! i'm so excited for you guys!

Melissa Ekman said...

Wow, that is coming fast. You look great.

noelle said...

that's so neat! boys are ALMOST as good as girls. hehe. jks! you should definitely invest in a good glider chair... those are the BEST for nursing/rocking. i love mine! also... a SWING. saved my life. :) try and get one that plugs in though, cause the battery powered ones wear-out SO fast!

krystie said...

you look fabulous.....why cant your face just get fat like mine...lucky. im excited for you..i love my little boy...they are WAY fun!!

The Dudleys said...

YAY! I'm so excited that you found out! I can hardly wait till May to meet the little man. I can't wait to cuddle and spoil him! Congratulations!

becca olsen said...

Congrats Carrie! I'm really excited for you guys. Little boys are just the best!!

kentuckykat said...

I'm so happy for you and Nick, Carrie! I know that my boy Nick will make a fabulous daddy and that this little boy will have all the love that any child of God could ever want with you guys as his parents! If you guys ever come down through this way please stop so we can give you hugs!

the fellers said...

YAY for a boy, although I do have to say, I am totally bummed cause everyone I know is having a boy, I have had some WAY cute stuff to make some girl stuff, and I dont think it will ever get used, but Boys as SO MUCH FUN! I love my boy so much, you will have so much fun!!!! As for advice on things to get...Graco is a great brand for car seats and strollers....not too pricey either....but everyone has them, but they are good, and you can usually find some cute stuff online just by googling graco products....stuff that isnt in the store...if you know of anyone headed this way and wan to have anything shipped her for free or cheaper....go right ahead....now that I know what you are having, I guess I better get on your gifts....do you have a name? and ps...you are too cute!!

the fellers said...

ok, I just re read my comment, and WOW, A LOT of spelling mistakes...I have to dido someone comment, a swing is a NECESSITY!!! It saved my life! We got a battery one when we had Ry Ry and hated having to change the batteries, so Shon rigged it so we could plug it in...so yeah, get a plug in one for sure!!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I have to comment on the shirt - I love it!
You look really great - happy and healthy.
p.s. I have a boy first and love it. Love love love it.
(girls rock though too. boy or girl is a win win situation I've decided!)

Jill said...

carrie-cute pic. i have no tips for buying, we bought cheapest of everything, borrowed a swing (the battery ones were fine i used, they never wore out), i will ask sil jess what stroller she recommends, she has a good one. oh and seriously boys are just as fun to dress up as girls, they make such cute boy clothes.

ashley b said...

I am so excited for you. I love your t-shirt. So cute!!
Also, they have darling swings at Target. They are by dwell studios (the target line) but we just got one and it is adorable. It is brown and white and turquoise with little elephants and even has a dock for your ipod.
{I don't know if we will ever use that part, but it is kinda fun!} It wasn't even much more than the other swings. Congrats again! Boys are so fun. (and you may be surprised how much fun you can have outfitting your little guy! The baby vans, etnies and dcs are to die for.)

Babu and Shosho said...

Hey Nick and Carrie,
So excited to see this news on your blog. I thought I remembered you saying something about the 15th. So, it's a boy. Wahoo! That is so exciting to know now and to get ready for him. Congratulations you two. We love you!

Lorraine said...

There's nothing more exciting than having a baby. You will make great parents. When I was pregnant with Jason I thought it was the best thing in the world. Enjoy every day!

DJ said...

Boy or Girl---there's nothing more exciting than bringing a child in to the world and feeling them move and grow and then meeting them for the first time. You look so good and I couldn't be more excited for you!! iloveyou Care!! Congrats!!

Schows said...

Carrie you look so cute! It's fun being able to know the date isn't it. Boys are dreamy. So excited for you!

The Oregon Tale said...

okay so i thought that i had already posted on your blog, and expressed my crazy excitement over the fact that you're having a BOY. haha i called that it was a girl, i said that for christa's two little boys as well...i thought she was having two girls...so from now on we'll just go with the exact opposite of what i say. dang it. well i guess i need to start scoping out the target baby aisles...haven't been down those yet. oh who am i kidding of course i have!! Congrats my love! i'm so excited for the two of you! i wish i could be home for the baby shower and all the fun bits&pieces that go into preparing for a new babe'skis. oh and ben says "name him BEN"...or Berin....also a good choice. think about it.
Hugs & love you.

Kristyn said...

Congrats! boys are foreign to me, but i hear that are so fun. good luck with everything. you look great too!!
a rocking chair is a must!

Anonymous said...

Carrie I am so excited for you! It is so true that everyone is having a boy! Keep the updates comming!
Leslie

Scott and Tara said...

Yah for Boys!! It does seem like almost everyone i know right now is also having a boy. In my primary presidency, one boy as just born and 2 more on the way. Going to be a fun presidency!!
I am in the same vote as you, got nothing really for the baby yet. Just a crib... next on our list is the stroller and car seat. Let me know which one you end up going with, i am looking at more of a stroller you can jog with as well as go to the mall. Like the Phil and Teds or something along those lines.