CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A little of our house.

Okay, okay, I will stop being a blogging-lazy bum! A few of you have been hassling me to see some pictures of our new house, so here they are. The house is by no means as glorious as I would want it to be yet, but I'm a realist... and since I have no idea when that will actually happen to the way I want it, this will have to do for now. Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING our new house, I've had a lot of fun getting organized, and I am definitely enjoying our new furniture. I just wish I could figure out what I want to do on the walls. I want to use as much of the other pictures that were up in our old place as I can, I'm just not sure how I want to arrange them so they are as esthetically pleasing as I'd like. Plus I'd like to print off some newer pictures and maybe frame a few and put up some cute shelves or maybe some vinyl lettering. So we'll see. Any suggestions?

Our front entry leading into the living room

This is our new, super comfy couch set. I LOVED the accent pillows they came with, and I totally lucked out with the rug. I found it separately at Home Sense, and it was a match made in heaven :) We currently have a wooden coffee table and end tables that I think clash with the couch, but painting them brown is on my to-do list.

I love our bright, spacious and clean kitchen. Yay!


This bedding has been my favorite buy so far. I LOVE it. I even have cute curtains that match that I've tied with white ribbon (sorry I forgot to take a pic). And just so you know, the bed actually has an Amazing white headboard and footboard, they just haven't been deliverd yet. I can't wait!

This is what our bedroom furniture looks like. We also have a dresser w/ mirror that is being delivered with the headboard. It's going to be so fun to have it all arranged, and it should arrive any day now!

14 comments:

Chuck and Julie Browne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chuck and Julie Browne said...

Hey Carrie!
Your house is adorable. I wish I had a place of my own.. in due time I guess.
On a side note, I read that you wanted advice on hanging your photos. I am going into interior design and LOVE decorating! The trick to hanging pictures that most people don't know is in order to keep it looking clean and put together you have to arrange your picture frames in a shape or have them follow the same line. Here are a couple Examples..

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/use-picture-rails

http://www.marthastewart.com/goodthings/picture-an-easier-way?autonomy_kw=hanging%20picture%20frames

Hope that helps! Happy decorating!

Jill said...

love it...i have some cool pic hanging ideas too from photographers and pottery barn printed off, let me know if you want a copy. i also have this iron wall art leaf looking thing that i have no where to put in my house, you can borrow it for a looong time if you want. let me know and i will email you a pic of u want of it. everything is so cute and the rug and couch really do match great! i'm coming to visit soon:)

melissa said...

carrie, your house is adorable!! loved the tour! i'm a fan of the black and white-along with my wardrobe. i wish i had a style for color, but i always gravitate to the blacks.

looks so good!

ashley b said...

So cute! I love love love the living room rug. It is to die for. {if it ever goes missing you will know where to look!} hehe. Can't wait to see you guys when you come down to visit!

Emily, Cody and Ali said...

Love the house Carrie, I am so excited for you. It is always nice to have your own place- oh, where did you get your bedroom furniture? It is awesome and I want it!

Ellen said...

I think you've done a fantastic job so far!! One thing I know for sure, sometimes it takes time for you to realize what you want where.. don't feel that you have to finish everything by a certain time. Give yourself a little time to live in the space and get a feel for it.. it will all come together :) I started accent painting in our house after living in it for 1.5yrs! And now I want to look into doing the kids room :)

julied said...

carrie! it looks great! wow. i am so jealous!!! i definately love your bedroom. I like the white with everything cuz I always take the easy way out and pick black..so boring, i know.
and wow, i am in LOVE with that living room rug!! ah! if only everything of mine wasn't green I would be searching for it right now....

Melissa Ekman said...

Come decorate my house!

Christal said...

carrie it looks awesome love the bright kitchen and love the bedroom furniture!! where is it from?? I'm sure you will have it decorated perfectly soon love vinyl lettering always makes a big difference to any space!! Looks like the wedding was a great getaway too cute pictures!! You are awesome!!

bklain said...

I LOVE your house! It is so cute and so very Carrie-esk. I love your rug, bedding, everything. I wish I could come see it in person. Way to go, being all grown up and a house-owner!

The Oregon Tale said...

we will be home in 7 weeks...that is 7 more sundays...that's how i like to think of it, it seems to go by faster when you think of time in "sundays", haha. anyways the house looks great! my friend gets some of her pictures printed out onto canvases...not sure how though, but they look great and you can make the pics super BIG. Also i am super jealous you have a home...we're having a sleep over at christmas, watching movies, staying up late...that kind of stuff. hope you're ready for the CAHOONS!! miss & love you guys,congrats on the new place. see you soon

Scott and Tara said...

I love all the kitchen space, i cant wait for that one day!! Everything i cook, i ask Scott if i can have a bigger kitchen!
I also love the side table with your bedroom furniture, cant wait to see the rest of it!
And i do believe Mike and Tami have the same bedding as you do! Funny!

Sheri Watkins said...

Very cute decorating! It looks great from what I see. It will take a while to decide where to put those pictures, but once you get them up it will be so comfy! Congrats! We can't wait to see it and you both!!