CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sightseeing in D.C.

The White House !

Nick and I are lucky enough to be on an 'after summer' vacation right now. Our friend Cam, is getting married in a few days in Richmond, Virginia so we flew out to be here for that. My Aunt and Uncle live just outside of Washington D.C. so we got here yesterday and spent today with them. Cam & his fiance Sheri, and his brother Blair & his wife Kassidy, came up from Richmond so we went and saw the sights in downtown D.C. today. It was such a blast, but boy are my feet tired! It was great to get back to John & Brenda's house and have a delicious BBQ out in their amazing backyar, topped off with a bonfire and s'mores. I am going to sleep great tonight, I'm sure!

The beginning of our LONG walking day!


Eager tourists...



The Washington Monument




The Captial Building



I LOVE the architecture and all the beautiful columns on all the building in this city!





Outside of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
The boys doing their best poses...


Sheri, me & Kassidy



Orangutang & GIANT Sea Turtle


Nick & I inside the Smithsonian National Musem of Natural History (Isn't the column and railing beautiful?!)




World War II Memorial Fountains





The Washington Monument & reflecting pool




The Lincoln Monument





The Vietnam War Memorial




7 comments:

Jill said...

Love your pics Care, wish I could be there too-I love DC and VA and the Deckers!!!!!!! I love the pic of nick/all the people being reflected in the memorial wall very cool. Have lots of fun! And I poseted L's bdya last night for you.

Jane Cox said...

I'm so sad that we missed out on all the fun.

the fellers said...

looks like a lot of fun!! P.s...when are you coming to visit me?

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I've never been, but definitely want to.
P.S. The first thing that came to mind was:
National Treasure/
Night at the Museum
These are our favorite movies. We might be lame.
Neat that you got to experience all the cool historical stuff. You're probably really super smart now!

Lorraine said...

What a fun trip. It looks like the weather was great. It's nice that you got to stay at Brenda's, seh is so fun.

bklain said...

DC is so amazing. I remember being so tired after walking around too - but it is incredible to see it all. Tell Obama "What's up!"

The Oregon Tale said...

Carrie, i think it's time you put up some pictures of you living in your new home!!!! geezzzzz. i can't wait to be back in Canada!!! i also cannot believe it'll be a whole year since we've seen your faces! ahhhh come down and visit!