CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Guess what we bought...


A HOUSE!!! Whoo hoo! We are so excited (can you tell from my amount of explanation points?)! We are first time buyers, so this has been a pretty exciting decision for us. I am so glad to be finally through with paying rent (well soon anyways). We get possesion of the house on September 28th and it couldn't come sooner! My mind is just reeling with all the decorationg possiblities, and the setting up and organizing I will get to do. It is a 1300 square foot bungalow with a mostly unfinished basement. We are actually glad for that as we will be able to develop it as we need it and how we want it. In the meantime we get to enjoy our 100% renovated 3 bedroom mainfloor. Woot woot! The best part is the huge kitchen, wood burning fireplace, mainfloor laundry room roughed in for stackable washer/dryer, and a big master bedroom with 2 closets and an ensuite full bathroom. (Okay, so I pretty much just described everything - but that really is the best part - EVERYTHING is fabulous). Yay! I will attach a few pics, but there will be another post to come in October once we are moved in and somewhat decorated :) Right now there is just a bit of furniture in the pictures from what the sellers had staged the house with.

Front door/front entry

Front Entry

Main floor spare bathroom

Master bedroom

Living room (I will be painting the brick and adding a mantle)

Dining Area


Last but not least, my beautiful kitchen - with an older fridge (you can't win 'em all right ;) )

19 comments:

Christal said...

That is so awesome I remember how it feels to have your own house after renting!!Awesome feeling!!! It looks perfect!! congrats

Ellen said...

YAYAYAYAY!!! I bet you are SUPER excited!! Have lots of fun with your own house!! you can do whatever you want to it (that's one thing that I didn't like about renting) It looks like a fabulous place girl - can't wait to see what you do with it!!

DJ said...

Woohoo!! That is soo exciting! I'm happy for you and Nick--that's such a great feeling especially the decorating, moved in stage. I feel like we are buying a new house right now too---I lay awake at night thinking up decorating ideas & then I dream about moving back in to our "new home" maybe we'll be moving in to our new homes at the same time. I know I can't wait!
Congrats to you two! Have fun in the prep stages.

Jill said...

I can't wait to be your first houseguest

Francis Family said...

That's so cute! I'm a bit jealous you have a house. ;) We bought a condo for our first place and we rent it out and are renting here in fort mac. I can't wait to have my own house!! That's awesome, Congrats!!

Kristyn said...

congrats!! that is so exciting. one day we will have this exciting news, until then i am just happy to have a good house to rent for cheap!! have fun!

the fellers said...

YAY! Congrats!

Andy said...

Wow, looks awesome! Congrats!

The Oregon Tale said...

PARTY AT NICK & CARRIE'S PLACE!!!!! haha holy moly the house looks awesome, i can't wait to move in next door...when we're back in canada that is...congrats lovers!

bklain said...

it looks beautiful!! so happy for you guys!!!

Tyler and Kristin Smith said...

I cannot tell a lie. I'm SO jealous! Your house is just perfect. Have fun making it all your own.

Zaugg Blog said...

hey congrats on your house! Where is it? Thats so exciting! It's always nice to have somewhere to call home. Ya were going to be back in Lethbridge or Magrath in October. Have fun decorating your house! Thats the best part!

krystie said...

wicked cute carrie...im excited for you

Leah Karch said...

YAY Carrie!!!! CONGRATS!! That is so stinkin exciting. Where is the house?? Are you still in the same ward?

julied said...

carrie! looks awesome! we will definately need to see it when you're all moved in!

Scott and Tara said...

Oh I love it! I cant wait to see what you do with it and all your organizing and decorating!!!

Lynsey said...

Looks awesome! Congratulations!

Melissa Ekman said...

so jealous...but so happy for you.

Kara said...

Congratulations! Im excited for you guys!