CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

The sun is shining!


Finally!!! The past few days it has finally started to feel like spring/summer and I am so grateful. I have loved feeling the warmth of the sun on my face, seeing bright blue skies, smelling flowers in the wind and hearing the sound of lawns being mowed. I definitely agree with the fact that sunshine makes a difference in people's moods. I feel 100% better than I did last week when it was grey and chilly and snowing/sleeting. Yesterday I even took a lawn chair out into our backyard and read for a while. My face actually got a bit of a sunburn (probably due to the fact that my face hasn't seen ANY sun the past 2 1/2 weeks). But I am okay with that because it means that winter is FINALLY over and summer is almost here. I can't wait! I talked to my Mom on the phone for quite awhile yesterday, and we got talking about flowers and planting. I'm hoping to go out with Nick sometime this week and pick up a few planters so we can have our own flowers to look at on our porch. I love spring!

Yay for flowers!

Our neighbors tree - aren't the blossoms so pretty?

4 comments:

ashley b said...

Love the new blog colors! Very springy.

DJ said...

Yay for warm weather, sunshine and flowers. We are also loving it down here! I hope you are feeling mostly all better. I'm loving your new springy blog look too. Love ya lots, DJ

the fellers said...

YAY! I am so glad that you guys are FINALLY getting some sun! YAY! I bet it DOES make you feel tones better!

Zaugg Blog said...

Hey Carrie! I changed our blog address to zauggs.blogspot.com