CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nothing exciting to report

Wow. I can't believe it's only been a week since I last posted. No wonder I have nothing to say. It feels like time is passing in slow motion for me. I am definitely not one of those people who can stay at home with nothing to do. And no, this is not a reference to all you stay at home moms, because I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for you. Maybe if I felt 100% then I could enjoy not having to work. I could go for a walk, see the sights around the city, meet up with friends.... But no. I can barely enjoy myself on our porch for 2 minutes before having to come back inside. Its the middle of May for goodness sakes, and it is COLD outside. There has even been a little bit of snow these past two days. I want the sun to come back so it can cheer me up from being house-bound. Any body else feel this way?

My past week and a half has been spent watching WAY TOO MUCH tv (but at least it was mostly good, exciting episodes as it was the week of season finales). I have read one and a half books, watched atleast 5 movies, talked on the phone to a few good friends, and SLEPT A TON. On days that I don't get in a 2 hour afternoon nap, I somehow manage to sleep for 10-12 hours that night. It's crazy. I mean, I guess my body is using a lot more energy as it works on healing itself, but seriously? How can I sleep so much!?

It's a good thing our friends will be coming to visit for a few days next week or I would go STIR-CRAZY! This way I have something to look forward to and then when they are here, I will have someone to spend time with during the day while Nick is at work. Yay! I can't wait!

Sorry to be such a downer....but I'm just a little bored. And sore. And wishing for a better looking abdomen, not a swollen scarred one. Next post I'll be more optimistic, I promise :)

ps. it's snowing again.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Things will get better. It's been almost a week and we haven't had snow. We went down to the cabin and it was 84 degrees out. We actually got a bit of color. Well try to rest and relax so your body can heal. We're glad it all worked out well for you.

DJ said...

Hang in there Care!! Anyone in your situation would feel the same way. One of these days the sun will come out, your abdomen will heal and this time will be long since behind you. Sometimes I look back and wish I'd enjoyed free time (even the less desirable reasons for free time) a little more than I did. Keep relaxing---soon you'll be back to normal.
iloveyou :)
DawnaRae

the fellers said...

ugh, I am sorry it is snowing...if you could travel you could come here and we could watch tv and talk and you could get better! sound good? feel better soon!