CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 12, 2008

I love Christmas!

A new favorite: CandyCane Kisses - An old favorite: Second Cup White Hot Chocolate YUM

Nick teases me that I might be obsessed with Christmas. It's not true though. I just get so excited when there's anything to do with Christmas because I love the season so much. I'm including a few pictures of the decorations I have around our house, especially my much loved tree. And today I thought I'd share a few of my favorite Christmas memories.

My book shelf: We made the Wiseman tile at Enrichment last month, isn't it great? If you can't tell, it says " O Holy Night"

Christmas Balls

Stripey Stockings

My Christmas garland and wreath

Christmas Memories:
As long as I can remember I am the major decorating helper to my Mom. I love putting up the Nativity sets, and the little village my Mom has. Once my Dad puts the lights on the tree, I love decorating it, and seeing all the ornaments we've collected over the years. I love the cold snowy nights sitting around a toasty fire watching a movie. I love that my parents house has an actual wood burning stove that creates that toasy atmosphere. I love coming home from a cold afternoon of tobaggoning to a mug of hot chocolate and a bowl of popcorn. When I was younger we used to go to my Grandma & Grandpa Legge's house on Christmas Eve (we still go there, it's just a different house now) . But when we were little, we used to sleep over there with my cousins and our parents and all have Christmas morning together. We used to make a fire in their fireplace and roast hot dogs, and Santa would always make an appearance! As a kid that was always so much fun. One or two years we even had a horse and sleigh ride around town. More recently, we have started a Boxing Day tradition (or somewhere in the few days after Christmas) and we all go skating and play hockey together. I think that's probably the favorite thing for Nick :) I love that everyone has time to visit with family and friends, and you can catch up with those you don't talk to enough. I am truly grateful for a family as close-knit as ours, and for all the great memories I have with them.

I've complained a lot about not being able to put up my tree sooner, but I'm glad we waited so that we could get a real tree. I love the smell it brings into our home, and it was fun to go pick out. Pretty nice tree for $35 huh. (The picture makes the tree look more blue-green, but when there's no flash it looks great.)

And here is my much awaited for Willow Tree Nativity set. I love the simplicity of these pieces, and I love having a scene of the Savior's birth in my house so that I can think of that wonderful night often. (The table might be a little small once I have the full set, but it'll do for now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your Christmas decorations! Cute ideas! Christmas is the greatest time--your memories were fun to read and imagine since I've got my own set of fun memories in the house you grew up in as well as your Gr. Legge's. Fun memories! Family is the best and you have an awesome one!
I don't think I've ever seen such a full real tree. Usually their so Charlie Brown but for 35 bucks you guys did awesome. It is beautiful!
Merry Christmas Carrie! Love you lots! DJ

the fellers said...

your tree is so cute! I Love all the decorations, but I better never visit your house at Christmas, because you might find that that willow tree nativity is missing after I leave! I LOVE that one...I hope to have the whole set one day too!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh carrie, you warmed my heart reading about all of your (and our) fun Christmas memories. I am grateful every single day to belong to such an amazing family, thank heavens I met your Uncle Mike so many years ago! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! Love ya!