CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Good ole Utah...


Well, Nick and I are lucky enough to have two weeks off work, so we made the long haul of a drive down to Utah for conference weekend. Dr. Cahoon (my old boss and our friend Ben's Dad) invited us to dinner with them, and Ben and Erin, as well as some of their family. It was so good to see them, we've missed you "Berin"! Ha ha that's your new nickname... We ate at the Restaurant on the Roof on the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and the view of the Salt Lake Temple was so beautiful! It was a little chilly out, but we took some pictures outside afterwards, and I was glad, because the next two days all it did was RAIN!

Ben, Erin, me & Nick


We were able to snag four tickets to the Saturday afternoon session in the conference center, and brought my cousin Jane and her new husband Kenny with us. They were kind enough to host us the whole weekend at their house, so it's the least we could do :) Thanks guys! Sunday we drove back into Salt Lake from Provo to babysit for Albert and Christa while they went to the morning session with Ben and Erin. Zach was so good, I would babysit him any day! He even snuggled with me while we watched conference and I felt so loved. Funny how the simplest little things from kids make you feel so appreciated.

Isn't Zachary so cute!



We also loved being able to hang out at Kate and Steve's house and just visit with everyone. We also picked up dinner from one of my favorite places ever: Cafe Rio (why can't Canada have good Mexican places to eat?). It was so good! Jane and I did some shopping at Deseret Books during the Priesthood Session on Saturday and that was way fun too. Monday was also such a great day but totally exhausting. We honestly shopped from 9am-5pm and got a lot of great stuff. Nick got some much needed clothing, and I got a few things as well. I even started on my Christmas shopping so I'm totally motivated to get it all done ASAP. Why is it that everything is so much cheaper in the States? Canada is such a rip off, it's not fair. Monday ended with a quick stop to a sweet scrapbook store in Pleasant Grove, then I headed back into Provo for dinner with Brittney and Crystal, two of my companions from the Madagascar Mission. We ate at Los Hermanos and just sat and visited for over two hours. Who needs a mission reunion when you can do that? No, I really had wanted to stop by the Mada reunion, as well as the Joburg Mission reunion, but the weekend was just too crazy busy as it was. But it was so good to just visit and catch up with the two of them, and reminisce about all the good times. I love you girls!

Brittany, me and Crystal Ann at Los Hermanos in Provo

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
the fellers said...

i love your red jacket!