CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh baby!


I've been wanting to do an update on this pregnancy for a couple of weeks now, but I've just been waiting for this baby to cooperate and let us know what he/she is! I had my first ultrasound on February 22nd and was SO excited to find out the sex of the baby. I even had a celebratory lunch planned afterwards and everything. Unfortunately the tech was unable to get a "determining view" and left us feeling a little deflated... Cue ultrasound #2. This past Saturday, the 5th, we paid for another ultrasound to be done - this time in 3-D. We figured that if we had to pay for the 2nd time around, we might as well have a different experience. It was so fun to watch the baby move, and see just how active a teeny tiny baby can be while I am feeling mere flutterings inside my belly. Seriously, the baby was all over the place doing flips, rolling around, doing total 360s in a matter of minutes. Pretty funny. The big news of the day was that we did in fact receive a conclusive answer to the sex of the baby...so without further ado... I'm here to let you know that my suspicions were confirmed, that I'm getting my wish, and we are having a GIRL! My head is swimming with visions of headbands and flowers, ruffles and bows... I even bought a cute little purple dress today! She better be a natural 'girly girl' or she's in for a rude awakening ;) ha ha

It's a little fuzzy, but I loved this sweet little picture of my baby girl's face.
I think she's going to be beautiful.

22 weeks

My due date has been moved up to July 5th, and my C-section will be booked around the end of June. This pregnancy has actually started to really fly by for me and I can't believe that I'm 23 weeks. I figured it was time for a belly shot (considering I look 7 months pregnant already!) though I've come to remember how much Nick and I hate them. I hate feeling like I look like a blimp with 3 chins, and Nick HATES retaking my picture a bazillion times in order to get one I will keep. Needless to say, I will probably only be taking one or two more in the remainder of my pregnancy, and I am A-Okay with that. I think we are going to have a much harder time finding a name for this little girl considering we do not have any sort of a front runner like we did with the name, Nixon. Hmmmm any suggestions?

22 weeks

20 comments:

Mont and Dawna said...

Oh Carrie You Look Great! I am so happy for you getting the girl you've been hoping so high for!! That IS exciting!!! Girls are so much fun, at least I think so. I love love love having a daughter---we have so much fun together!!
I am super happy for you Care and hope the rest of this pregnancy goes perfectly.

Leslie said...

carrie i am so excited for/jealous of you little baby girl fetus! and although you are such a cute pregnant person i dont blame you for not liking pics - i hated that camera the entire tme i was pregnant.

Francis Family said...

You do not look 7 months pregnant! You look so cute.
Yay for a girl, congrats!! I love girls...obviously i'm a little biased ;)
and I love how you mentioned the picture taking a million times by Nick, that sounds exactly like us. I just do the self timer now. It's a lot less stressful and I can take as many as I want! haha

Darryl said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!!! I'm so thrilled for you Carrie! I was so thrilled to have a boy and girl so close in age too, I think they'll learn a lot from each other, and I love my girl will go through high school with a brother to look out for her! Just like Nixon and this little sweetheart will!

P.S. here's a few girl names I'm loving:

Claire
Brinley
Brooklyn
Chloe

Darryl said...

ps this is Heather Regimbal, darryl is my hubby I forgot to sign in :)

Andy said...

Well, I was going to come on her and comment about how you don't look 7 months pregnant and that you look great (i wish i looked as cute when i was pregnant!), and also congrats on the baby girl... but seeing as everyone else said those things and I want to be different I'll tell you this....

my first two babies were 12 1/2 months apart. my first was a happy, bouncing, adorable baby boy (just like Nixon), and me second was a girl! And honestly, it has been so great having them that way. I just love it! I'm sure you will love it as much as I did and still do!

p.s. Chelsey cried all the time and things would have probably been miserable and stressful if Ty wasn't keeping us so entertained. Good luck!

Kim said...

You look super cute Carrie!! And isn't the prebirth photography so fun??!! We did that when I was pregnant only because I wanted to...haha!! We already knew that Maguire was a boy I just wanted more pictures and stuff. As for the name game it can be soooo hard hey? It seems like you like different names...I'm only guessing because of Nixon's cute name so I'll pass on a few of my favs... :)

Jacey
Ellery
Emmerson
Quincy
Harly
Saige
Sagen
Kamry

I love thinking of names :) If I think of some good ones I'll send them on! It's funny though cause everyone has specific taste right?? You might think all those names are dumb...haha!

Kara said...

Congrats Carrie! That's so fun that you'll be having a girl- and that's a great face shot, I'm sure she'll be adorable! And Luke hates when I make him take pictures too, that's why most of mine are so terrible haha. And good luck on figuring out a name- we are completely stumped too!

Kay said...

The 3D's are pretty cool, I am a bit jealous. Hmmm as for names I won't give you any suggestions because I don't have many names picked out myself, however I think the middle name "kay" is great and goes with just about anything...keep that in mind...we have been lifelong friends! P.S. I like your bracelet....and I am also up for creating headbands and bows any day!

Sheri Watkins said...

YAY! Congrats on the girl! I know you were pulling for a little lady. Congratulations. We are over the moon for you guys!

The Heavenor's said...

Congrats Carrie! Girls are awesome, and now you have 1 of each! And you look geat! I'm like 4 weeks behind you and I feel like I look HUGE compared to you! Good luck with everything!

Julie said...

k wait. 7 months pregnant? HAH> give me a break. before i read that I was thinking...man, carrie looks TINY!
and YAY!!!!!!!!! i was so excited i yelledto spence in the other room you guys were having a girl! how exciting. if you ever make some headbands etc i'm in too! seriously! so exciting!!!

Candace said...

Congrats, didn't know you were pregnant. It will be fun to have little girls the same age. We had a ton of names picked out and ended up not even using any of them, so good luck!

ashley b said...

Yay for baby girl Famulak!! That is so fun that you guys are going to have a sweet baby girl. I am so with you on the name thing. I love to watch the credits in movies for names or in magazines. That is where I first saw Porter. I am sure you will come up with something adorable. I love your prego pic and your darling bracelet. Congrats again and you look fabulous.

Jill said...

Care you do look great! I am so excited for you. The pic is amazing, all the details and how she looks like a real person! She looks so cute. Someone said it is so great how an older bro can watch out for a younger sister, but remember Shane?!?!?! Hahaha, get ready for some teasing/chasing/possible duck-tapings to the porch. And if you need my name suggestions you have them, but I know you won't use any of them...people always use one of their original 2 faves or come up with something totally random last minute!

The Dudleys said...

Yay for baby girls! Let's start making flower headbands ASAP! Quinn needs some new ones!

Ellen said...

Congratz on the baby GIRL!! When you said that baby wouldn't cooperate at first, I totally thought 'it's gonna be a girl' :) There is NO WAY you look 7months!! you look like 5 months, which is right on! :) Thinking of girls names was REALLY hard for me. One that I had on my list was McKenna. A few others that I really liked (but didn't suit for my girls):
Ireland, Alithia, Indera (not sure on the spelling, but sounds like 'in-dear-ah'), Marrisa, Hannah, Ciera, Bria, Bailey, Ariana, Alyvia. My biggest things with names is picking three that sounded nice together and also with the last name :) Of course you can always change spellings to a name you like, good luck!

Kristyn said...

You look great Carrie! How fun you are having a girl!!! If I think of any good names I'll let you know. If we have a boy I have NO clue on a name.Hope you are feeling great!!

Schows said...

Wooohooo!! So glad you are getting a girl!! You DO NOT look seven months pregnant! You look adorable.

the fellers said...

I am not really sure how i missed this post...hmmm, but you do not look 7 months pregnant, and Shon felt the same way about taking pictures of me when pregnant, you look cute Care! Love you...and excited for the girly stuff....I LOVE that you bought a dress already, and a purple one at that! I need to call you soon!