CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Our baby's nursery!

Whoo hoo - It's finally done :) Hope you like it as much as I do! I LOVE clean lines, a simple modern look and punches of bright color. I can't wait to bring my little baby home - only 5 more days!


I do have a cute lime green change pad cover, it just hasn't arrived yet :(

I love this shelf for many reasons: The little leather shoes are some that Nick actually wore when he was little - so precious! The abc's frame Ashley made for me, and I put two little wooden animal puzzles on it that I brought home from Botswana. I can't wait to fill the frames with pictures of my little boy, and the empty space to the left of the shoes is for a wooden initial letter that'll be scrapbooked with cute green/blue paper!

I randomly bought this metal tree from a Home Hardware in a teeny tiny town in Saskatchewan last summer - and even though I wasn't even pregnant,
I knew even then that I wanted it for our nursery.
It reminds me of a Geneology Family Tree.


I have a lime green sheet and matching bed skirt that are also still on their way. Sheesh! Hurry up already!

I absolutely love the rag quilt I had made for the crib.
I want one for each of my kids.



I think I'm going to have to hem these curtains to just below the window. How else am I going to close them without knocking everything off the book shelf?

There are so many things I love about this book shelf. It made it SO easy to add punches of color to the room. I love the cloth boxes - very cute, but still functional. I'm not really going with turtles as a theme, but I have a few on top of the shelf that I brought back from Madagascar, and I just loved the green turtle piggy bank so I had to get it too! The bottom right corner is the baby book (which I love) and I can't wait to add more children's books to our little collection!

My cute, comfy rocking chair with matching rag pillow :)


Hope you enjoyed my labor of love!

16 comments:

Jill said...

I love it-so cute and professional looking. But I have to mock you for the interior design wording: clean, modern lines, with punches of color" hahaha. Now go get your belly plaster molded already before it's too late! Love ya!

Jenny Fitzner said...

Wow! I love it! I also LOVE rag quilts - Milo had one too. Love the colors, love the tree, love love love. Now all it needs is a baby!

the fellers said...

cute care!

ashley b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley b said...

ok- this is DARLING! i love it.
now come and decorate gray's room please!! hehe :)
good luck with everything and i can't wait to hold your little baby. (i am so glad that the abc frame matched!)

Ellen said...

looking fabulous!! Can't wait to see pictures of your new baby boy :) so make sure you don't make us wait too long :)

Kara said...

wow carrie, you are talented! it looks really great! i cant believe he's coming so soon- but it looks like you're all ready! good luck! :)

Scott and Tara said...

Cute! I need to get on my nursery.... But been too busy with Boston! I keep telling myself it would be done if he didn't come 4 weeks early.
Can't wait for the little guy to arrive!

Francis Family said...

so cute!! I love those rag quilts. All my girls have them. Yours turned out awesome. Love it all! Good job!

Christal said...

love it!! so cute!! I have the same crib and chair! Now I just need to finish his room! AWesome job!

Christal said...

love love the rag quilt too its beautiful!

Melissa Ekman said...

Carrie,
It all looks so cute but I would expect nothing less from you. You have always had the eye for style.

Kristyn said...

Carrie the nursery looks so good. i love it. good luck with everything!! your going to be a great mom!!

Purple's Mom said...

SO adorable! Wanna come do my house now??? ;-)

bklain said...

I love your nursery! Those are one of my favorite color combinations and I LOVE the tree! So cute, Care!

The Heavenor's said...

Very cute Carrie! The quilt is amazing! Very talented, and those shoes are sooo precious!!!