CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Look who's ONE!

I wasn't planning on doing anything too big or extravagant for Nixon's 1st birthday, but somehow we ended up having two parties (with another to come in Cardston) with about 30 guests between the two shindigs! May 11th was his actual birthday so we decided to celebrate all day long. Grandma Teressa came over to play with Nixon in the morning and help me get the last few things ready for the day. A few of my girlfriends came over with their kids for a lunchtime party and we had lots of fun just chatting and watching the kids play. Nixon had his first skor cake and dug right into it. After the first taste he didn't seem too interested (maybe he's like Nick and doesn't like chocolate???) but he still loved making a mess of it and smearing it all over the tray and himself.



Party guests: L-R: Bennett, Megan, Kay, Erin D., Nixon & I, Parley, Christa, Erin C. and Zach.

Quinn was sleeping during the group photo so I had to get an
individual one before she left. What a sweetheart!

Olivia & Cairo also came over to party and we LOVED seeing them again!

Playing with the boys and the new balls from Megan :)

Showing off his crawling skills - what a big boy!


With a couple hours of break in between parties, we were able to clean up, finish the 2nd cake and relax a bit (Nixon even crashed and had a good 2 hour nap) before our next slew of guests arrived. (Thanks again to Erin & Ben C. who helped majorly with the cleaning - it honestly made my day. I truly appreciate you.) We had a dinner with all of Nick's family that lives close by and Nixon was again showered with love, presents, cake and fun. Thanks everyone for coming out and making it such a fabulous day!

Nick & Nixon with all his presents :)

Nixon loved playing with all of his new toys.
Seriously though - can't you tell? He is grinning so big!


Round 2 of birthday cake: for the family party we had a bit of a farm animal
theme going on, and I had so much fun making a creative cake.



As you can tell from these cupcake pictures,
Nixon apparently loves Cherry Chip cake the best!

With hands full of cake and icing, I guess he felt it was necessary
to just go right ahead and eat off the tray with just his mouth! ha ha


After a much needed bath, a sugar high and jumping on the bed with Jaylin,
Nixon soon crashed and went to bed without a peep. It was a fun but busy day
for this little boy and we were more than happy to have NO plans the next day.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

best mom ever. i LOVE nixons little curls! how cute. and your cupcakes are adorable. happy birthday nixon!

Jill said...

you seriously have cake and gingerbread making skills! my little nephew is so cute!!!

The Dudleys said...

I love love love the farm animal cake/cupcakes! So cute! Happy Birthday Nixon! We love you!

ashley b said...

How adorable. I don't know where to start. The birthday boy, his curls, the darling cake/cupcakes, the banner, the balloons, ok- I love it all. You are the best. Nixon is such a lucky boy to have you as his mom.

Jenny Fitzner said...

how fun! I love all the pictures and I love how much HAIR he has!! wow. lucky boy. I love the farm animal theme, so cute.

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Nixon! His curls are adorable!

Kay said...

The barn and cupcakes turned out awesome!!! Happy Birthday Nixon we sure love you!

julied said...

k those cupcakes are adorable!!! good job! i know who to call when I need help with my kids stuff. I was sad I couldn't make it (stupid dr's appointments and not being able to reschedule them!) so it's good to see these pics! looks like it was fun. happy birthday nixon! (his hair is SOO cute!)

Jeannie said...

The cake and farm animals are so so cute, even if the sheepies didn't have their ears! We were so glad you brought Nixon down for a second birthday party! Love the little guy and you big guys, too!