CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turkey Time

For Thanksgiving this year we headed down to Southern Alberta to spend time with my family. We got together with some of the extended family on Friday night to have treats and play games. Lots of fun, hopefully we can do it again next time :) It was SUCH a perfect fall weekend - not actually warm, but not snowy yet like it has been in past years. So we went down to Ryan & Jill's one night and had a big bonfire in their backyard. We enjoyed the crisp air, snuggled under blankets, and roasted s'mores. Yum!

Jill & Max, me & Nixon and Nick

Grandma Hull, Grandma Betty and my Mom

Levi & Dani (clearly enjoying their s'mores...haha)

Mmmm... marshmallows...

Since Ryan & Jill decided to bless their new baby, Max, that weekend as well, we were able to get together with Ryan's family and have one big turkey dinner together. Ryan's parents hosted everyone at their house and the food was delicious.

Nick enjoying his dinner
Nixon doesn't look too impressed with that grown up food...

Yum

Dani and her cousins had a great time (literally)
swinging from the trees and playing in the fall leaves.


Nixon's First Thanksgiving!

Nixon & Levi just enjoying some football

9 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looks like fun. It's always great to get together with family. Nixon is getting so big and cute. hope to see you guys at christmas.

Jill said...

i love the pics care! especially the boys watching football...levi looks unimpressed that nixon is falling over onto him. they are so cute, love them

the fellers said...

ummmm...could you send me a plate of that food? thanks!

Melissa Ekman said...

Looks like lots of fun. I miss Canadian Thanksgiving with family.

Kay said...

Aww that makes me sad I missed Thanksgiving...I love the pic of Nick with Nixon....so satisfied to have food in front of him I also like the pic of Nixon and Levi, so cute, Nixon looks so big there.

Candace said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. We had so much fun with you guys this summer, although I think that our husbands are too much alike. I can't decide if that is a good thing for us or not, jks! Nixon is so cute!
So I have the same background as you on my blog, sorry, I didn't realize it I probably copied yours! Maybe we are more alike than our husbands. Or great minds just think alike.

Julie said...

first off nixon is getting so big and cute! and that picture of the thanksgiving dinner made me want turkey dinner all over again!

ashley b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

great pics!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with family!! I love the whole bonfire/smores night, definately my favorite :) Your little guy is sure growing up fast, it won't be long and he will be eating adult food!